Would This Be a Good Compressor

1. Hi;

Just spotted this on ebay, follosing some of the threads ref compressor recommendations it seems to fit the bill. Not quite 100 Litre but near enough but its 3HP so would this make up for the tank size?

For spray painting and Air Tools, I have an FMT 3006 LVLP Gravity Fed Gun and a Toolzone Die Grinder but may get more Air Tools.

Would it also run an Air Fed Mask and spray gin concurrently.

At £245 inclusive of delivery it seems a good deal?

2. ford34/2 Member

Cramlington,Northumberland. United Kingdom
    Just spotted what???
    go on give us a clue.
    Stan

skotl likes this.
  3. Daz1968 Member

Uk
    You haven't linked to it, but as a guide I have a clarke se16c100, 3hp with 14cfm displacement, I only use a devilbiss sri pro that needs less than 3 cfm and a devilbiss airfed mask. The compressor can run the two but I wouldn't like to run more than about 30 minutes as the compressor runs hard and air gets warmer, I have never had a problem and whistle on mask has never cut in but I don't like running it this hard for long periods.

4. Sorry posted in haste and all that, its this compressor here

Wolf Dakota, 90 Ltr, 3HP, 150PSI, Belt Driven.

5. Daz1968 Member

Uk
    Check the duty cycle as an airfed works them very hard, mine runs about 50-60% of the time when running, and its a very low cfm spraygun.

6. ford34/2 Member

Cramlington,Northumberland. United Kingdom
    Ticks a lot of Boxes for the price, do please understand the Motor will not like running on an extension lead or poor electric supply. My ingersol rand is believe it or not, similar spec in terms of Cu Ft, and Motor Hp, twin pump,mine has a much bigger tank, could be an option to piggy back an extra tank on the existing but the Pump has to run extra hard to fill and keep two tanks filled. Depends how long you anticipating spraying non stop.
    Stan

7. jordan1 Member

Better off with the Clarke as mentioned earlier IMO.

8. Daz1968 Member

Uk
    Vat free vouchers are on the rounds again as I have received one for 10th to 17th may, but using it to get a spot welder, am lucky really someone else is getting it for me and claiming vat so it will in effect cost me 16% less than the pre vat price so I can't complain at all.

9. But its nearly twice the price :-(

10. zzr1200

zzr1200 Working at 650 ft on open steel work

And will probably last at least a 100 Thousand times longer, if Wolf Tools reputation for longevity is anything to go by..:scared:

11. Oh well looks like I'll have to stick with my old compressor then :-([​IMG]

12. Daz1968 Member

Uk
    If that one is 3hp then I think a common pump is used on those and not worth buying another unless you need extra capacity for airfed

13. If you can be patient until Sunday, we might be able to come to an arrangement. ;-)

14. Daz1968 Member

Uk
    I may be able to get a spare vat free voucher valid from 10th if needed as have had one at work as well now

Advertisements