Worktop

1. Kent

Kent Member

Not done this for many a year now but an existing customer asked and i did.
    Its a wrap over solid beech, the splash backs already there and the back required a real curvy scribe to them. Sack of rice is just weighing down the sink till silicone sets up and the clips can be fitted
    IMG_20190221_164631_278.jpg

Arc Tourist, Parm, galooph and 4 others like this.
  2. roofman

roofman Purveyor of fine English buckets and mops

did,nt know you did stainless matey...nice looking job:thumbup:

Kent likes this.
  3. gordon stephenson

gordon stephenson Forum Supporter

Excellent job Kent, Simple elegant design, well made, Beautiful

Kent likes this.
  4. Rob85 Member

That's a thing of beauty right there

Kent likes this.
  5. Hitch

Hitch Moderator Staff Member

Somerset
    Looking decent. Is it commercial of domestic?
    Did some sometime ago, went back a few months later for a different job and they looked rough, swirly scorchbrite marks when the light catches it.

6. Kent

Kent Member

Its at a buisness but not really commercial catering in si far as food n drink.. He owns and runs a food ordering app that operates across the country

Oh and yeah i expect it to be a mess in a year or two with scarches and cross grain polishing

7. Kent

Kent Member

I normally send it out to others. I did this purely because he has spent a fair bit with me on other stuff and theres a spiral staircase and one of my staircases in iron and wood to do within the next year or so.

Late 80s early nineties i did mainly stainless for a few years.. Not particularly keen on it so its just existing customers and folks i know. I have obvious contamination isdues to deal with in the shop.

8. gordon stephenson

I see that it has an instant boiling water tap, Same type as my daughters. I'll be using it next week when I go farm sitting while they are away on holls

Kent likes this.
  9. Kent

Kent Member

Yes

10. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

And very spendy they are too - I think my S-i-L paid the best part of £1,000 for hers. :rolleyes:

11. gordon stephenson

Some decent instant boilers can be had for around £400. ( I have a £30-00 kettle) My daughter has a fine filter on the intake, You know when its due for cleaning when the boiling water flow turns into a trickle.

12. Kent

Kent Member

Remember at all times £1000 is a fortune to some and pin money to others. I cant be unique in seeing and experiencing both sides personally
    Must say i tend to have a rant when folks at home boil the kettle on the induction hob when the solid fuel range is lit so boiling water taps aint for tight wads like me

bigegg and slim_boy_fat like this.
  13. Kent

Kent Member

Ah she probably just said that to you incase she blew your main fuse by telling you the real price lol

14. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

To be fair to @gordon stephenson 's lass, my S-i-L had hers from when they first came out, so prices have probably dropped since, in the way of all things.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    gordon stephenson and Kent like this.
Advertisements