Work boots

1. tom2207 Member

De walt apprentice , comfy out of the box and do last well , the honey colour sole is solid and lasts well too, the black ones are hollow and dont last as well.

2. Migmac

Migmac Forum Supporter

Thanks guys.

The ones they use at the moment last a month before they start giving the boys sore heels and legs. Think the insoles and ankle supports are falling apart.

3. Munkul

Munkul Jack of some trades, Master of none

I've found that the key to comfortable boots is the insoles... I have Cobalt insoles for workboots and they're great.

We have a few choices at work... Cofra boots are super comfy and light, however they only last a year... cheap though. Wearing Anvil boots atm since Cofra are out of stock, and they're ok, but nowhere near as comfy, even with Cobalt insoles.

4. badabec

badabec Forum Supporter

I found DMs are comfy but cold. I'm miserable if I have cold feet. And I can't stand insoles.

5. Farside

Farside Badly Welded Man

I used Trucker brand boots for years - superbly light but strong and dead comfy. I kept knocking out the toe leather, though. However, since hanging up the tools professionally I've been using some cheap and cheerful Aldi workshop boots with a gel insert. The Aldi boots were ok for my purposes but probably wouldn't have lasted too long back in industrial use. A couple of years ago I started to get a bit niggled with the hardness of the floor and put some gel insoles in - what a difference. I'm stil using the Aldi boots, but they're now starting to get a bit scraggy. I'd buy another pair tomorrow because I'll not be using them all day long, five days a week.

skotl likes this.
  6. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    I wear Dewalt Titanium, comfortable straight from the box and you can walked around in them all day with no issues at all. Some of the cheaper Dewalts can be hit and miss but these Titaniums have padded goretex linings. I do soak them in Neats Foot before I where them. I'm on my second pair and I won't hesitate buying the same ones again.

7. Munkul

Munkul Jack of some trades, Master of none

Believe it or not, you CAN get get boots that feel like trainers :) Take a good look at insoles with good heel and arch support.

The Cofra work boots with Cobalt insoles are probably the comfiest shoes I've ever had full stop... and I get horrible bad knees with sub-par arch support, so I've went through loads of shoe and insole combos.

skotl and eLuSiVeMiTe like this.
  8. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England

Thats what someone else recently told me, shame can only imagine quality is dropping to keep the price the same

9. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England

Thats pretty much what im doing emailed coralina another boot i like to see if they will ship to uk

Insanely cheap compared to Europe even after import, i guess leather is the Americans thing.

Brad93 likes this.
  10. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England
    I just say my Englebert boots have held up amazingly, being back tree climbing is whats finished them of but that is rather abrasive

11. Migmac

Migmac Forum Supporter

I’ve had three pairs of Diotto boots, all three pairs leaked. Last two pairs were replacements, gave up with them and went back to Meindls.

12. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England
    My euro hiker have managed 18months.

You must be cursed

13. Robert.

Robert. Member

14. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England
    8ob likes this.
  15. premmington

premmington Member

"Money no object for work boots"

I migrated from Airwair (DM's) about ten to twelve years ago to Blundstone boots from Australia.

I wear nothing else now - I even got a posh pair to go out in..

-------------------------

As footware goes - I have workboots I wear nearly all the time.

A pair of crocs I use as slippers - and a couple of pairs of sandles for holidays - plus one pair of lace up Clarkes shoes to wear with trousers for weddings and funerals. That is it...

99.999% of the time I wear work boots!

16. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

My work boots are very comfortable but there a pita to take on and off.

When your in and out of people's houses it gets old quick so they live in the van for when I need them.
    I live in sketchers with memory foam these days

17. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England
    Has anyone tried solovair boots?
    Im kinda thinking waterproofing is a gimmick it never out lasts soles and if it did you cant resole modern boots well not at a reasonable cost.

Ive plain leather boots (motorbike) which i wax and are nearly completely water proof additionally they dry far quick than my wet waterproof boots. Wet feet mid day i dont mind, wet boots first thing i hate

18. Tigman

Tigman Member

I got these from Arco 6 months on and they are falling to bits , pull out bits of plastic every other week they do get a good hammering from my plates of meat ,size 12 ! Lol cheap and cheerful Cant remember think around £45 , might go for dearer ones this time
    IMG_20201009_121447.jpg

Advertisements