Wire feed problem....

1. steve6501 New Member

UK
    Hi. I have a Clarke 110E MIG welder. I bought it several years ago and have no instructions. It has worked fine in the past but recently wire feed has been a problem. I set the speed to requirement but during welding it seems far slower than it should. If I set the tension higher the wire will link quite often and I have to stop, remove the link and re feed through. Is there a method to adjust the tension properly or is there a problem with the feed roller?
    Steve

2. waddycall

waddycall Member

United Kingdom
    Have you tried changing the liner and tip?

3. a111r Member

4. Yamhon Member

If I understand you correctly your machine is feeding while whilst having this problem, just slower and with some kinks... in that case I think the limning might be at fault, as opposed to the contact tip. When my contact tip fouls up it tends to stop the wire feeding altogether until its cleaned or replaced.

5. Cobbler

Cobbler Codger bodger

The older Clarke’s used a plastic windscreen washer tubing type of liner, the wire sticks & binds up in these. If you take the tension off the wire feed roller & wire drum, then pull the wire from the torch end there should be virtually no resistance ....... I bet there is! Fit a new steel liner, looks like curtain wire, some have used it. A liner is not a lot of money & I bet your problems will be over.

Yamhon likes this.
  6. The_Yellow_Ardvark

The_Yellow_Ardvark Member

Clean the feed rollers, dirt collects in the groves.

Look at the end of the liner, were the wire enters. Make sure it is squre and no burrs.

Open the torch and make sure the head and the liner spring is free off dirt and crud, The tip will only give you issues if clogged or worn.

If that does sort you out, bung in a new liner MM will be able to get you one, or ring Clark direct up. They are only a few £££.

Advertisements