Which would you buy out of these two?

1. baldy Member

kent uk
    Ive a budget all in of around a grandish, Im looking at a jasic 200 amp analogue unit ac/dc JASIC 200P TIG AC/DC Analog JT-200A https://www.jasic.co.uk/tig-200p-analog-inverter-welder ,
    or the R tech unit ,https://www.r-techwelding.co.uk/tig-welder-240v-ac-dc-200amp/ .
    Im going for 200 amps from a single 16amp supply. Im not sure wether 200 amps is overkill but i want to buy once and not faff about changing it in a few years as it hasnt got enough guts.I like twiddly knobs as i dont like menus and digital stuff.I was going for an ac/dc machine as i want the ability for for ally.
    The R tech comes with a pedal but the Jasic its extra, the jasic is 5 year warranty, but the R tech is 3.Ive already got a Jasic mma set which welds lovely.
    Which would you buy and why? or is there a better analogue machine out there for around the same dosh level. Thanks guys for your input. cheers Pauly

Tinbasherdan likes this.
  2. Tinbasherdan

Tinbasherdan Metal mangler

What have you got against menus? To be fair, when you get to ac tig and the many different parameters you can set, a digital panel is by far the most user friendly

3. John Hale Member

Not to mention the repeatability, for the little use it gets I'm grateful that I went for the R-Tech digital.

4. addjunkie

addjunkie Member

My understanding is that the digital display machines are actually more uptodate inside too, but I stand to be corrected.

5. matt1978

matt1978 http://www.uk.masters-of-speed.de/

Just be cautious regarding claims of long warranty. Sometimes they not all that they seem and look better on paper.

6. angellonewolf

angellonewolf Member

agree with warrenty not the same had a cooker hood bought 18 months ago started makeing noises phoned up was qouted 145 ish for a motor unit the cooker hood was only compleate 125

oh but we can cover all breakdowns for £11 a month

read the warrenty terms front to back most state all parts are covered but the call out and fitting charges are £125 plus

realy a motor for a washing mechine is £40 bloke to fit and hour to haur and a half so there getting the same money

SwissTony and DAPPH like this.
  7. baldy Member

kent uk
    I pay £11 a month for a washing machine warranty, its been rebuilt more times than triggers broom.In the end they gave me a new washing machine, which is still covered. In my books £11 well spent.You could say i could put those £11s in a savings book, and when it goes wrong get another one. tbh , i cant be bothered, if it goes wrong, i just ring a number and a man turns up.

Re the digital machine.Ive spent my working life in the motor trade working with digital equipment of one form or another slowly evolving. The stuff that carrys on regardless is always the analogue style format of equipment.I was working on a vw tiguan this morning, totally dead, battery and fuses was fine,only thing that worked was the radio. Electronic handbrake wouldnt release, couldnt move the poxy thing. special truck required. I like knobs.

eLuSiVeMiTe and slim_boy_fat like this.
  8. Ruffian Member

Why has it got to be analog?

The parweld 202 ac/DC will be digital and in your budget also.

baldy likes this.
  9. baldy Member

kent uk
    ive got a hate of digital menus.....

10. Ruffian Member

No worries, each to their own.

baldy likes this.
  11. baldy Member

kent uk
    I was looking at a duff kemppi tig on the bay, after a bit of reading up, theres a digital circuit board which goes tits up on a regular basis, £600 quid for the digital control. Nah .

12. Tinbasherdan

You’ll find most machines are the same now, being inverters. No matter what the panel is, if it goes wrong on an inverter it usually goes expensively wrong and often unfixably so. That being said, a parweld 202 is an incredibly reliable machine and not prone to panel failures or anything else. I have the thermal arc 202 at home and one at work also, which is basically the same machine and they’re fantastic machines, I’d have one over a basic or r tech any day

baldy likes this.
  13. baldy Member

kent uk
    what makes you dislike an R tech?

14. bwservices Member

Rtech are easier to deal with than the Jasic importers,Wilkinson Star.
    theres nothing wrong with preferring an analogue style.or digital,they both have advantages and disadvantages for both the manufacturer and user.
    in my experience,a digital panel on a cheap welder is more unreliable than analogue.

15. Tinbasherdan

I don’t really know if I could could put my finger on it, they just feel cheap to me, when compared to the parweld or TA set. Despite living about a mile from Wilkinson star who distribute the Jason sets I’ve never used one, despite emailing their sales and asking if they had demo machines etc. That alone is enough to put me off them

arther dailey likes this.
  16. baldy Member

kent uk
    I bought the JASIC arc welder/scratch tig set a few months back, it welds luverly.it really does a trick job, a real leap into the 21st century, i can now weld like a welding god on mma, it really is good, im dead chuffed, and it takes a lot to impress me.Pop down and you can try mine !

17. Tinbasherdan

If I’m in the area I’ll bob in :) likewise if you’re in Manchester and want to try my TA

baldy likes this.
  18. Pipe Dreamer

Pipe Dreamer Member

I realise this doesn't answer your question, but as you mention Jasic 200 and menus ...

I have the digital version - AC/DC 200p Mini.
    It runs fine off a 16A breaker. It's on its own "ring" from the consumer unit and has never tripped ... though I've night at it up to max. (There's a 13A fuse in the plug!)

There are no menus to work through. Just press the knob to cycle through the settings (pre-flow, ramp time, current, etc. The display shows a number and clearly what your setting with an LED for each part of the waveform. It's really easy and I suspect more precise than looking at numbers round half a dozen knobs.

baldy likes this.
  19. baldy Member

kent uk
    I just wonder how long the wee buttons will last on the menu system panel ?

20. baldy Member

kent uk
    So how are you getting on with the ac/dc 200 p mini?

Advertisements