Which dual voltage mig?

1. ojl New Member

As the title suggests I’m looking for advice on a dual voltage portable mig welder. There seems a few options....
    Esab rebel
    Parweld
    Thermal arc fabricator

what’s people preference from experience?

Are there any others I should be considering?

I’m looking for something in the 200 amp region

2. Bbe555 Member

Had 2 of those models so first one Esab Rebel mmmm not so great or i was asking too much of it but didn't last too long before it developed weired faults and then had the battle with poor customer service and the length of time for it to be repaired was not what I had in mind. Thermal i have not had but I believe they are now owned by esab so I will keep with the trend and step away. The Parweld XTM291DM is now what I use and love it as its on par with the jasic 200 synergic but the 3 year no quibble warranty made me change over from the jasic and both are a lot better than the lincoln 200c speedtec . You will have many replies and this is only my opinion but if you only have a small budget as in around 460 to 500 then i don't think you with better the lincoln bester 190 but this is only 180 amp

3. ojl New Member

The more I look into it the more I find myself leaning towards the parweld. As for the Bester I thought that was 240v only?
    What makes the parweld better than the speedtec?

Mr Roo likes this.
  4. Bbe555 Member

Ah yes your right oops . Price as its a good 400 cheaper plus the warranty works better and the display is cleaner looking and also easier to set up . Has more tig settings plus has a built in gas valve so no messing with tig torch with valve on it , smoother arc and more accurate synergic settings. Jasic synergic is also a cracker and again never let me down despite it getting hammered but I changed over to all parweld during lockdown

Mr Roo likes this.
Advertisements