Where can I buy pipe from?

1. Jetemp New Member

hi all 1st post so be gentle with me!

Could any one point in the direction of somewhere in the north east preferably Teeside that I could buy some pipe from. Or from an online supplier

Specifically 6 inch schedule 120pipe for practicing for a coding test!

If possible I would like to purchase pre cut 6 inch lengths with a 37.5 degree bevel machined onto the end.

Any help greatgully received
    James

2. Mr Roo

Mr Roo Member

let me know if you have any joy... i'm trying to find a place that does thin wall big tubing so i can make a log lift apparatus!

altho there is a list of suppliers available in the forum (which I'm sure someone is about to link you to!) that you can have a look through and see. Not sure if you'd have much luck getting someone to machine the bevel in for you, tho.. =/

3. winchman

winchman Member

Now its not on the door step but this place is fantastic, good price, fast delivery but best of all helpful, if they can't do it they tell you straight away, massive stock too

4. ajmoore1 Member

uk
    Where?

5. winchman

winchman Member

Sorry they are in Liverpool, I use them as they carry a massive range of Spirax Sarco stuff, sometime spirax haven't got one and they have!
    When you are stuck they move Heaven and Earth to help if they can.

Cobbler likes this.
  6. bigegg

bigegg I drink and I know things. Its what I do.

You haven't mentioned the company name...
    :doh:
    :laughing:

Mr Roo likes this.
  7. gavcarter

gavcarter Member

Try www.metalhub.com. I'm from north east too and its only place I found that would deal with public and deliver small amounts

8. winchman

winchman Member

Terribly sorry old bean I must be loosing the plot!
    http://sespipeline.co.uk

We call him Stroudy he is in Liverpool

Its not a chain its one man at the helm with a good team around him, never let me down, once needed some valves, I was asked at 2pm, he got a factory down south to put an evening shift on (we bought them all tea) they worked late to machine them and put them in a taxi we got them about 11pm.
    All the other suppliers laughed at us. I got a pat on the back.
    Whilst I am here
    Stroud is the best for Dirty stuff
    Hygienic stuff Muffty is your man they really work together well as they used to be opposite sides of the road one supplies steel pipe and associated dirty trade stuff the other does all the stainless, food grade etc Both offer excellent service, he isn't for cheap pipes etc he supplies top of the range food / pharma grade stuff full certed and traceable.
    https://www.puretransfer.com

bigegg likes this.
  9. winchman

winchman Member

If you look at Pure Transfers resources page he has a very handy Triclamp sizing chart thats got me out of trouble a few times as I have ben known to order the wrong size!

Advertisements