What is the most impressive Welding video / demo you've seen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curiousgeorge Member

Morning. New on here. I've been searching YouTube for interesting welding videos (not necessarily mig), any one got any good links?

2. Kayos

Kayos Member

Not on youtube but I've seen a stir friction fusion machine in action, making heat exchangers

Parm likes this.
  3. earthman Member

I like 'This Old Tony' channel on YouTube, he does a fair amount of Tig welding, lathe work etc. Always impressed by the quality/production of his videos.

Hopefuldave likes this.
  4. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

99.9 are better than me & the other 0.1 % I am not sure about :(

5. Curiousgeorge Member

Cheers. I was trying to think of what I could use to ‘sell’ welding to the wife, as in impress her. MIG would be good.

6. JulieandTony Member

Scotland
    I really like tot's videos , he has a really good dry sense of humour - always enjoyable

eLuSiVeMiTe likes this.
  7. maz0

maz0 Member

I don’t really know enough about high level welding to tell the difference, but I was impressed with this guys demonstration of pipe welding. I find ARC the most difficult so I thought the way this guy could move his whole body, arm and rod all while keeping a perfect weld seam was great. Bonus points for his funny looking helmet.

8. Climber

Climber Member

Have you known many woman? Do you usually find they are impressed with welding? :laughing:

9. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Forum Supporter

One user or two?

Richard., Welderpaul, daleyd and 2 others like this.
  10. anto44

anto44 Member

You could try some of her videos.

11. bourbon Member

The videos on here are good

12. Curiousgeorge Member

This is interesting.
    A different angle - we’ve all seen these horseshoe pumpkin ornaments about for Halloween, what sort of Christmas ornaments can be made by the wannabe welder?

13. Parm

Parm I have fun doing stuff

Simple nut and bolt sculptures and ornaments are good for a starter.

I’d recommend getting on Pinterest and dearching for some boards. Tons of inspiration.

You’ll soon work out what you can do with the kill and kit you have available and then develop from there.

If your new to welding, have a go. If you get stuck post some pics and ask questions. Plenty of clever folk on here

stuvy and Curiousgeorge like this.
  14. R-D-R Forum Supporter

When you say sell welding in what way? As in convince her to try it or approve of you getting into it?

If it’s the latter you need to communicate how useful it would be around the house, I’ve made gates, railings, patio furniture, reptile cages, decorative dog gates, fixed “stuff” and a whole lot more for the house.

she is totally sold on welding now.

eLuSiVeMiTe, Curiousgeorge and Parm like this.
  15. F.J.

F.J. Member

Any video by Jody at Weldingtipsandtricks on YouTube gets my vote. I have learnt loads from him

16. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

I always liked this one.........made for Lincoln by Walt Disney.......I used to have a copy that I played to Trainees / New Recruits

Mark 2, SteScouse and anto44 like this.
  17. gordon stephenson

gordon stephenson Forum Supporter

Excellent video Al, Seen it before but very informative,

18. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

I just like that it was made by Disney........Ive never seen another Industrial Instructional video made by a famous film studio....I was told by an old timer that the Lincoln Family were friends of the Disney Family.

This one I find less tasteful..........
    You will see a claim made by the CEO (around 0.47 in)......they made an exception for me :clapping::clapping:

19. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    That's interesting, why do both posts look like they cam from the same person now? I am genuinely struggling to see what the end game is here with this user id. In the space of few months we gone from being a welder for years to not understanding why a 135A welder can't weld 10mm plate,not knowing you can't just plug a 3ph plug into a normal supply to standing in on welding education. Now posting that they need something to "sell" welding to the wife.

Now posting that they are new and suddenly the username changes to one that already exists all very strange

I'm not meaning to cause friction I am just intruiged what is going on here. MiggerM doesn't exist anymore and it's funny how the posting style is exactly the same. I know you can change a username but how do you change it to one that already exists?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    wyn and eLuSiVeMiTe like this.
  20. Wozzaaah

Wozzaaah The wizard of woz Staff Member

Wiltshire, UK
    You can’t, only we can. ;)

Maker, 8ob and eLuSiVeMiTe like this.
Advertisements
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.