what compressor do you have,?

1. pippyjeto Member

for running a airfed mask, the smaller the better,, and even silent has anybody useing one? 4 above thanks guys,

2. carbon

carbon Member

I'm not sure a small compressor and airfed mask work together as some masks need 10 cfm. What mask do you have or thinking about?

fizzy likes this.
  3. metalmelt Member

Broom Wade 15 HP, old as the hills, runs everything I need, uses no oil, and has a huge capacity receiver.

fizzy and brightspark like this.
  4. brightspark

brightspark Member

a 14cfm home built . a 28 cfm twin comp unit and a 90cfm diesel comp

fizzy and metalmelt like this.
  5. RWD3M

RWD3M Member

This one:

20180117_125611.jpg

Possibly the same as one of brightspark's?

metalmelt and brightspark like this.
  6. brightspark

brightspark Member

it possibly is but theres no name on mine . great compressors with a big tank and all parts can be had individualy if u did need any

RWD3M and metalmelt like this.
  7. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

An unfortunate choice of wording for the header, don't you think?

I've got a Bambi 35/100, a Bambi 75/700 , and an Ingersoll-Rand Model B :D

barking mat likes this.
  8. barking mat

barking mat Barking at Pigeons

Erm , dunno, it's red, single phase, about 150 litres, works a treat.

I've also got a 3 phase compressor head 15961311406121835323637.jpg to go on a huge tank. But no tank yet.

A small 20 litre thing for blowing up tyres, and inflatable pool toys. Pool toys I said.

But this is clearly the highest rated compressor I own (joking). It's absolute carp. 15 bar my bottom.

Morrisman and RWD3M like this.
  9. the snooper

the snooper getting older by the day

Small and silent are not something that go with an air fed mask, even more so if you're running a spray gun

barking mat and brightspark like this.
  10. MattH

MattH Member

D157F805-8603-477F-AD49-A03C99E00EF2.jpeg

7.5hp rotary vane with drier and 3 stage filter.
    This is a breathable spec system from a spray booth.

it’s quite, compared to my old piston compressor but far from silent.
    It also needs a 16A 400v 3ph supply.

11. Jbo2231

Jbo2231 Forum Supporter

Ah mate.. feel sorry for you with such a terrible system.. I have a broken 100L SGS 14cfm I could trade you to get you out of a tight spot? :whistle:

MattH and DavidL like this.
  12. Tally Member

I am curious what actually broke on that? I have the 50L version of that.. i take its the twin cylinder model?

13. Jay1st

Jay1st Member

I have an old vintage single phase dental compressor, V twin cylinders , oil less and has an integrated dryer, 20L tank, use it for my 40A plasma
    It's very quite, and can use for airbrushing too, not that i know how to air brush.
    And a basic V twin 5 HP single phase with a 100L tank for other stuff.

BTW dental compressors are very efficient and low noise.

DavidL likes this.
  14. Jbo2231

Jbo2231 Forum Supporter

Motor burnt out now all it does is trip the breaker and short to the case. Only had it 2 months.
    When I went to investigate what was wrong half the head bolts were working themselves loose, one of the gaskets on one side had deteriorated and was leaking.
    They wanted 80 quid to ship it back to them and wouldn't accept me dropping it off as I only live an hour from them. Stolen the tank off it for my new system and wont bother with that company again.

I should have a 28cfm tandem unit arriving today from FIAC. Customer service has been sketchy at best so we will see if it actually turns up :dontknow: not a terrible thing if it doesnt as I dont really want to be moving a 170kg compressor in 35 degree heat...

15. Tally Member

Thats really unlucky ive had mine for a year which no issues as such and i use it to run a plasma system so it does get a good workout. I assume you put oil in before you first turned it on etc? Because its weird the motor would go like that.. like i said probably just really bad luck.

16. Tally Member

As for the new one.. id just put it under a cover when you get it outside your building and wait for tomorrow )

17. the snooper

the snooper getting older by the day

Tell them to arrange collection or you'll involve trading standards

18. Hog-Rider Member

I have 2 X 50ltr ones which I coupled together and set them to both stop at 125 psi. If I dont want much air I close the valve to the second compressor and just use the first compressor. Now then if I am in need of more wind I open the valves and switch on the second compressor. Been working like that now for about 15 years.

DavidL likes this.
  19. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

May be too late for that, sounds like he's dismantled it already.

metalmelt and Jbo2231 like this.
  20. Jbo2231

Jbo2231 Forum Supporter

It had pretty much dismantled itself by the time I had a look at it. But correct, the compressor cost me 200 quid and they wanted 80 just to look at it so I decided to see if it was an easy fix for me to do. Motor windings were completely shot and there was oil leaking in to the motor.

I didnt think it was worth the effort and cost of returning it for the same thing to happen in 6 months time. I can use the tank off it and put the rest down to experience. Buy cheap, buy twice!

metalmelt and slim_boy_fat like this.
Advertisements