welding trolley

1. duncans

duncans Member

nearly finished a welding cart im getting better I think using the MIG welder
    that bloody Pickhill bantam took some lifting on my own but I did it lol just got to think of some hooks for all the cable im getting there slowly hahaha 553FE289-FC47-4F89-A844-B9C00A12068C.jpeg 332E12C1-6ECA-41DB-9710-88B97E8CCB7C.jpeg

slim_boy_fat, skotl and barking mat like this.
  2. tom2207 Member

its always nice to see ideas take shape , and way faster than waiting for white wood glue to dry .

duncans, James1979 and barking mat like this.
  3. skotl

skotl Forum Supporter

At least you have a low centre of gravity :D

slim_boy_fat, duncans and 500e like this.
  4. duncans

duncans Member

yes mate its mate out of 50x50 box section and 40x40x3mm angle iron least I can move it about and I can see the difference in my welding to the other crap one i had

skotl likes this.
  5. frank horton

frank horton V twins are great but 4"s rule.........

slightly different but the wire loops work better than hooks....u dont get snagged on ur overalls...
    not quite a trolley and not often that clean.....hahaha
    ps, thats a French 3phase plug.....
    DSCN2110.jpeg DSCN2109.jpeg

barking mat likes this.
  6. frank horton

frank horton V twins are great but 4"s rule.........

oh, and a pallet truck is my mode of transport...notice the drawers...them and the welder tray all on roller bearings....
    it weigh's about 1/2 ton with the tooling...

duncans and skotl like this.
  7. duncans

duncans Member

yeah the hoops are better ill see if I can bend the 10mm round bar I've got im in a shed you see not a great deal of room be nice to have a lot bigger place but im only a hobby man learning how to weld lol I can see how I've progressed from when I 1st started using the MIG welder and arc welder more practice and more practice is the key i think
    yeah every time I've finished doing welding I cover the welder up with blankets with it been in a shed blimey forgot to mention my dogs been great with the noise of the MIG welder he's not barking like he used to perhaps he got used to hearing the arc welder as I was using that for ages with no gas

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    tom2207 and BarrieJ like this.
  8. barking mat

barking mat Barking at Pigeons

That's great Frank, I do like that.

9. duncans

duncans Member

just added a handle so would be easier to move it about its getting there i think also added some hoops to hang my helmets etc 4EA8C080-02B1-4673-BADB-8FC1B1C23688.jpeg

Advertisements