4. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

Ive got one....crap

owas likes this.
  5. owas

owas Member

Ah ok :(
    Is there any decent electric sprayer?

Main purpose is to spray the sheds and fence but I've also got to paint the car ... 2 birds :dontknow:

Failing that, I'll have to buy a compressor and sell it when I'm done.

6. I've got a 40 year old Apollo low pressure high volume gun and compressor that produces a decent "commercial" finish on horticultural machinery. Under different ownership a modern version is still available.

https://www.hvlp.co.uk/apollo-hvlp-sprayers.html

7. stuvy Member

Is it for your Landy?

8. owas

owas Member

Nah, I would just slap that on with a roller lol.

It's for the jag, the rear is currently 4 colours and I scratched both front wings badly forgetting I had a belt buckle on, going to spray the whole thing black, well the exterior and maybe the door jambs.

I think it'll be best to just go for a compressor and sell when done, there's one down that road from me that should do, 100 liter 14.6cfm

Bit of a budget tbh, spending most of the money on the mechanical side, not too bothered if the paintwork isn't perfect.

As close to this as I can get

jaguar_xjr_27.jpg

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  9. You will certainly not get a shine like that with a Wagner spray gun unless you put a lot of paint on and then spend an awful amount of time cutting it back and polishing it !

Does look lovely mind you !

stuvy likes this.
  10. owas

owas Member

Yeah was a stupid idea :ashamed: I think I saw Samcrac on YouTube using an electric gun

I'll get a compressor and a gun,
    Need to build a little temporary 'booth' on the driveway, should be able to get it looking ok.

11. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

So with the Apollo toy can spray the car, spray the fence & her in doors + friends "result"

Turbo and stuvy like this.
  12. jordan1 Member

Don't waste your money unless you have a lot of fencing to treat.

13. stuvy Member

My parents had one. My dad sprayed the fence and made a great job... he did it so well he had over spray on the neighbours cars and the patio too

TechnicAl likes this.
  14. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

Its that old joke............Ive painted your Porch....btw its actually a Ferrari

stuvy likes this.
  15. Turbo Member

If you are going to spray I would recommend a compressor like the one you mention & couple it to a fast mover or Duren spray gun from here.

https://www.fastmovertoolsuk.com/paint-spray-guns.html

Not the cheapest but it's a pro quality gun, they also sell on ebay/amazon & are sometimes cheaper. You will also need a water trap/regulator, a gun regulator, a hose & some PPE. Then there is the paint, hardener & thinners, paint filters, mixing cups, gun cleaning kit, etc. If you buy a gravity gun you'll need to buy or make a gun stand.

https://www.spraygunsdirect.co.uk/i...storage/gun-cabinets-holders/gun-holders.html

Apart from the cost of the compressor you could easily spend £250 on paint & equipment. Not sure about your skill level but painting a car isn't easy if you want a reasonable finish. I suggest you do some sums & add everything up then get some quotes to get the work done professionally.

There are a few Polish guys who do bodywork & painting locally. They did a repair to my dad's plastic bumper that had a hole from accident damage. The result was superb, completely invisible, they also sprayed the whole bumper & repaired the front bumper that was hanging off on one side. The whole thing cost just £80! :o
    I have all the painting gear but if I need bodywork done I wouldn't even consider doing it myself, not at those prices!

16. owas

owas Member

I already have all the hoses , regulator and water trap ect I can't remember why I've never had a compressor :dontknow:

Just a decent gun and paint supplies,

Always nice to learn a new skill I think.

Not quite the same but i have sprayed this with a gun, was inside my friends workshop but since hes put a lift in there, no more spraying :(

• 20170416_155816.jpg
    Turbo and stuvy like this.
Advertisements