VW Oval Projects

1. Clarky Member

Essex
    As per my intro thread I have 2 1954/55 VW Ovals to restore.

Take a look at my site for updates and some scary pictures :p

www.vwoval.co.uk

I've been a bit lax of recent due to waiting for someone to either weld the car or give me a welder so I've decided to bite the bullet and go it alone (well with help from this site!).

Michael

2. WouldBWelder

WouldBWelder Welding a '66 Mustang ...

Peterborough
    Lot of work there ...

Hi Clarky

I'm in the same boat mate - one old Mustang to do up. Great doing it yourself though - takes 28 times as long but so what? My time comes free.

My mum had an old Beetle - not as old as yours though - hers was a 1960 - reg no. XCG 465 - green, 6v electrics with the semaphor indicators. Sturdy old thing. Didn't have the very small oval window ... they'd enlarged it a bit by then.

When she had it, I was so young I could get in that bit behind the rear seat ...

My dad sold it in about 1975 for £70. :mad:

Think it probably went to the great scrapyard in the sky in the end.

My welder from weldequip comes this week, so I'll just sort some gas then it's down to business (after lots of practice).

3. Clarky Member

Essex
    WouldBWelder,

LOL re yoyur mums beetle........ you never know someone as mad as me probably restored it!!

I'm off to Machine Mart during my lunch today to get the Clarke 160TE, a couple of throw away bottles and a small regulator to suit. I'll then practice this weekend on some scrap bits of metal I cut off my car (there's plenty of it!).

4. WouldBWelder

WouldBWelder Welding a '66 Mustang ...

Peterborough
    That's the same welder I'm getting from weldequip ... let us know how you get on this weekend, settings etc for the thin steel - and take plenty of pics ... !

Advertisements