Thermal Arc ta202 acdc

1. chris pruteanu Member

Good morning chaps, I bought a few years ago a pair of ta202 AC/DC and from experience I didn’t like the power dial button on the torch that came stock with the welders and for one I asked for a Parweld torch as that has a similar design -bar the naff color scheme ! Anyway, long story short I never noticed the torches have different plugs and gas receptacles on them and after selling one welder I was left with a welder that I couldn’t use ! I then went on the forum and Richard kindly offered to send me one plug for just the postage cost but- as a true gent he is- he sent 2 plugs for just a fiver ! Much appreciated Sir !
    Last night I tried to graft the Parweld torch into the TA plug and the torch works however only down button works and power switch- up button doesn’t do naff all ! I wired it as per the colors but it seems to me that probably TA 202 has a pin into a different receptacle in the plug ! Just to mention the Parweld torch has 3 buttons !

• 2A5A5014-BDFE-445E-B4D7-6728C03A51DF.png
    • D312A73A-9099-4219-A2BC-39FF8B4DAFA6.png
  2. chris pruteanu Member

Here is the l wiring diagram taken off the user manual supplied with the welders...

• 32C4BF8C-9666-4F64-A3DA-0FC20C10B1CC.jpeg
  3. chris pruteanu Member

Bit of a update, left the wiring at that as i really dont have time to mess about, also i am happy that the torch sort of works. I had a few adapters made to connect the gas from parweld style to thermal arc style...works fine and gets me going ! Thanks to Richard again for supplying the plugs to fit the torch ! Keep on welding gents !

4. Sean Another 602 fan

Edinburgh
    do you have a local/remote button somewhere?
    had the same panick when i fitted the foot pedal to the 181i

Manuals are available online may be under Tweco or even Esab but worth RTFM!

5. chris pruteanu Member

Dont know sean, however the TA torch has a up/down button to adjust ampheres and you dont need to press any button in order to work ! For some reason its only the down button that does work apart from the on/off switch but on the Ta torch everything works just fine !

6. Hood

Hood If it walks like a duck....

The Parweld I had which is similar to the TA used the 3 pot wires for the switches, Common was the wiper if I recall and Up/Dn were the other two.

7. Hood

Here is the Parweld wiring, may or may not help.

ScreenHunter_2682 Apr. 22 22.10.jpg

8. chris pruteanu Member

Thank you ! Will split the connector open and see if i wired it properly !

9. chris pruteanu Member

As i mentioned, the other TA i had i sold before having the chance to take a picture of the wiring connections. This parweld one i wired it as per the wiring so unless there is a broken wire/poor connection i am at a loss really ! Its not really the end of the world as the torch lead is only 4M long so not too far to stand up and adjust voltage from the welder's panel. So far i am glad it works really !

10. Hood

Easy enough to just put a meter on the wires to see if they are making contact when you press the buttons.

chris pruteanu likes this.
Advertisements