Tec-Arc TecTig 222 voltage change

1. The History Man Member

I have a TecTig 222 AC/DC tig welder which is a dual voltage machine but which is currently set up for 400v 3 phase and I want to know how to set it up for 220V 32A supply that I have in my new workshop. I cannot find the manual and would welcome any advice as to how to do this (and also a copy of the instructions is there are any out there).

2. zzr1200

zzr1200 Working at 650 ft on open steel work

3. Fazerruss

Fazerruss Member

West Yorkshire
    Or just give them a call and ask for Les.
    They are very helpful.

4. Hood

Hood If it walks like a duck....

Usually there is a switch on the back but it will have the knob removed so you will need to turn it with a screwdriver (and the power off) No wiring changes should be needed. That was certainly the way my 251 Tig and my Opticut plasma were changed over. They are actually just 2 phase when used on 415V and when on 240v a single phase and neutral.

premmington likes this.
  5. The History Man Member

Thanks for the replies - been emailing Les at TecArc and it seems that my machine built in 2010 is only a 400V machine although the label on the machine shows 400V 20amp and 230V 32amp in the supply box. I must have mis-understood the label when I bought the machine or it was a mistake as it cannot be changed / converted. Ho Hum.....I need to be more diligent next time I buy a machine.

6. 123hotchef Member

my miller is similar I took the 3 phase plug off and just taped up one of the extra wires and wired it to a 16amp plug as per the instructions

Advertisements