Spot Welder SOS!

1. bauderline New Member

Hi Folks,

A picked up this spot welder a couple of years back and haven't been able to figure out how to hook it up to mains, I am not keen to take the trial and error approach as I don't want to fry it or more importantly myself!

According to the label it's a 240V 20AMP unit but it comes with a 4 pin plug, unfortunately after extensive googling on 240v 4 pin plugs I am really none the wiser as this type of 4 pin plug, made by cannon apparently seems to be very rare.

Is there a way I can hook this up to a UK 2 pin 32 amp plug/socket ?

• unnamed (1).jpg
    • unnamed (2).jpg
    • unnamed (3).jpg
  2. bauderline New Member

The company is apparently still in business and I had considered emailing about this but would not be overly optimistic about getting a response for something that is probably several decades old.

3. Wallace

Wallace Member

The control unit is missing.

8B0684E0-88E0-42CB-8F49-AF612FD597A3.jpeg

Parm, Dcal and skotl like this.
  4. Matchless

Matchless I started with nothing, still have most of it left

If you know what comes out of the control box you can probably get it working manually, squeeze, sizzle, release, or check ebay for a suitable control box, my 3 phase spot welders have a similar control system,

Wallace likes this.
  5. Wallace

Wallace Member

Unfortunately I sold my PW recently, there were all sorts of circuit diagramming information in the paperwork too.

Parm likes this.
  6. eddie49 Member

Open the Cannon 4-pin plug, note the pin numbers and wire colours. Then do the same where the cable enters the spot welder, and under that cover over the round steel operating rod. Post details and pictures on here.
    Probably 2 wires for the primary of the transformer, and 2 wires for a microswitch that confirms the operating handles are squeezed....?

Wallace likes this.
Advertisements