So how do I fix this reaction mess?

1. owas

owas Member

Sanding the primer back I went to bare metal in some places so I spot primed some areas with a rattle can (oh how I regret that now)

Base coat went down lovely... Other than the areas where I had primed :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

How do I fix it without stripping the whole car back? :(

• IMG_20200521_151626.jpg
  2. steveo3002 Member

cambridge uk
    must be incompatible aerosol , the paint sellers do spot primers in cans just for stuff like this

sand that area back to below what you rattle canned on....then a light coat of something like aerosol etch or spot primer , tickle the edges with 1200 and go very light with the basecoat

dont get talked in barcoat

if you have time letting it sit a while wont hurt things

carbon likes this.
  3. owas

owas Member

Yeah no rush in getting it done,
    So sand it back, propper spot primer then let it sit for a few days before putting base down again?

4. steveo3002 Member

cambridge uk
  5. steveo3002 Member

cambridge uk
    did you base the whole panel ...if its just a small area thinners it off , if whole panel sand the damage

6. owas

owas Member

Don't remember what primer it was, from either screwfix or toolstation tho :doh:

was just in little bits over the doors and on the arches, where I filled in some scratches pin holes ect, I'll get the sandpaper out tomorrow... Sick of the thing right now:laughing:

7. carbon

carbon Member

Not sure just get video unavailable

8. angellonewolf

angellonewolf Member

i know how youfeel

i just spend quite a few hours over the last couple days trying to sort a new to me car had a big dent in passanger door front wing it was never going tolook good but take out a bit of the dent and spray the right colour would have seen it serviceable

phoned ford they said color was xyz so bought a can i might as well sprayed it with gray primmer for how good the colour match is

Advertisements