Small torch for Parweld

1. AndySV1K Member

Hi,

I have a Parweld XTT202p and i have the torch that comes with it, it has a switch and also up down current buttons on it. It's okay but I find it quite bulky for the sort of welding i'm doing at the moment. I want to get a simple small torch with just a switch on it, for the smaller stuff i'm welding.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could use with it? I've looked at Parweld's own torches but they still look fairly chunky.

I don't really want to spend a fortune either (Isn't that always the case?!)

Oh, and I do have a pedal, so not having a switch wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Thanks

Andy.

2. Tangledfeet

Tangledfeet Once more into the breach...

If its for smaller jobs and you won't be running at higher amps, perhaps one of the CK torches..? Some good prices at Rapid Welding; I bought one and its a wholly different kettle of fish to the heavyweight, switched WP26 torch that came with my R-Tech TIG.

AndySV1K likes this.
  3. HughF

HughF Member

Work: Dorchester, Workshop: Corfe Castle, Wife's place: Frome
    I really like the parweld pro-grip wp9, a nice compact torch with a very good quality flexible hose and sheath. Sensible prices too.

Hitch and AndySV1K like this.
  4. Jlg

Jlg Member

Go wp20 water cooled can’t get much smaller than that and even the cheaper ones are rated to 250a

chris pruteanu and Richard. like this.
  5. AndySV1K Member

I don't have a water cooler so don't really want to go down that route. Thanks anyway.

I will check out the CK stuff.

Andy.

6. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Is it an AC/DC machine?
    I’d be water cooling if it was to resolve all your issues into one torch.
    Anyway back on your question. What’s your budget
    Torches vary a lot. You can get a torch for 30 quid and 300 quid.
    My personal favourites are that in the weldtec range. Nothing can touch a tectorch on quality that’s a fact.

AndySV1K likes this.
  7. AndySV1K Member

Hi Richard,

Yes it's AC/DC and most of my welding is aluminium, but pretty small stuff, rarely needing more than 100amps.

My budget, i'm normally one for opting for better rather than cheaper but right now, budget is low unfortunately. If necessary, I will wait and get something better when funds allow.

I'll search for the tectorch, guessing that will be on the higher end of the ££ scale.

Thanks

Andy.

8. Jlg

Jlg Member

If you're budget isn't that big I believe Richard has a used cooler for sale and you could pic up a cheap wp20 for now which would still be nicer than most air cooled torches

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2019
  9. Hitch

Hitch Moderator Staff Member

Somerset
    Thats whats on most of the sets at work, some flexi, some fixed.

Advertisements