Securing gas pipes.

1. Willl Member

Has anyone had any problems securing the gas pipes in hobby level machines? In my snap on/cebora 130, the two sections of pipe that connect the reg to the torch are connected by a small length of rubber hose, which has recently taken to popping off when the gas is turned on.

I've tried a few bits and pieces, my last effort was some fairly strong epoxy glue and tape, which is the first thing that's 'held', but it does leak quite badly. I can get enough gas to weld but I'm not carrying on because it's too expensive to waste. Does anyone have a link to the thread with the steel plate shaped to make the hose clamps out of wire?

2. Gareth0123

Gareth0123 You'll need 16 pigs to do the job in one sitting!

Do you mean the "Stronghold" Haywire Klamper?

3. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

I've seen professional machines with cable ties used to hold the gas pipes on, after all there isn't a lot of pressure in them.

4. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    Perhaps that the issue> I had similar problem with a fairly new (8mths old) reg and the output of the reg would creep up as it was leaking past the seals in side reg causing pipe to pop off. (Parweld reg). as I have both out pressure and a flow (float type ) gauge I would set flow with trigger pulled then release trigger and watch pressure creep up and pop pipe off.

5. Willl Member

I thought of that but I've had no luck finding any small enough, I need them to close down to 8-9mm.

That looks to be the job, I can't remember where I saw the home made one but I want to copy it, or buy on if I find one cheap enough.

That might be worth checking out, the reg for my pureshield is pretty much new but the one on my argoshield is getting on a bit, it came with my tig welder and looks old as balls.

6. Willl Member

I actually ordered a few of those earlier, thanks though! :laughing:

Member 66062 likes this.
Advertisements