Sealey Supermig 150.V2 spares.

1. SMarkS New Member

I have had this wee mig for about 15 years only had to put pcb in it and the odd liner so it is time for a service so as above I need a few parts. Can anyone recommend the best place to get them.
    Regards Mark.

2. hotponyshoes Member

You might well still find parts on the sealey website for it. If it's just generic parts like Liners any welding suppliers will have them

SMarkS likes this.
  3. SMarkS New Member

Ok thanks, yes waiting on Sealey to come back with prices and hoping they are not as bad as "it would be almost cheaper to buy another welder"!

4. hotponyshoes Member

Pot luck with the price of sealy parts. I have had some parts cheaper than I can buy them aftermarket but a new motor for a grinder was quoted at more than I could buy the complete grinder for new.

SMarkS and a111r like this.
  5. Turbo Member

Sealey migs were made by Telwin in Italy who make their own welders as well as supplying rebadged units to Clarke, SIP & others. Each 'brand' will be made to a price with different specs but there will be quite a lot of common parts between models. Finding what parts are common will be the problem.

Clarke are very good at supplying parts & not expensive, if sealey can't help you could try them.

SMarkS likes this.
  6. SMarkS New Member

Hi Turbo, Sorry to bother you. I see you are in NI is there any where local or over the water for spares? I have all the part numbers bar one to get spares but no stockist yet. I managed to mess up the gas fitting that changes the small hose to the bigger one to the bottle the valve in the torch split along time ago but it still worked. I have seen complete torches on the internet but unsure if they will do my mig. I have changed the pcb and put in new liners before and thought about a euro torch but I do not think it would be cost effective.

• 20200904_220807.jpg
  7. Turbo Member

Any of the bigger Sealey stockists should be able to order in spares for you. Not sure where you are but one place I can suggest is Denis Wilson in Glenavy, they are a service centre for many tool brands, not sure about sealey but they do sell their equipment. The hose adapter in the photo is a standard part & they should stock that & will probably have a suitable replacement torch as well. Where are you located?

You could cut out the middle man & go direct to Sealey UK, they would be able to send you the correct parts lists, etc.

As for the switch to a euro torch - if you are planning to keep the welder it's a good upgrade. Once you fit the adapter kit you will be free to use any brand of torch & cable and not be tied to Sealey prices!

There is a good search function on this site if you want info on fitting the euro torch or anything else.

Nick DV likes this.
  8. SMarkS New Member

Appreciate the help very much. I think I will try Denis Wilson's as I am not far from i, I live in Lurgan.

9. SMarkS New Member

Has anyone tried out the cheap mig torches on ebay?
    Got a reply form Sealey for a new torch just under £150 maybe half the price of a new machine. Anyone know where i could get the parts in the above pic online?

10. a111r Member

Yes, I've bought 23 of them. Two had faulty gas valves. They are exactly what's fitted to new sub £250 Sealeys anyway which come from the same place.

They were £9 to £13, less than a new liner, tip and shroud! They were in the UK too, as all were delivered the next day.

Nick DV and SMarkS like this.
  11. SMarkS New Member

Thanks. Would you happen to have the seller details at all?

12. a111r Member

I do but they've been out of stock for 3 months. Not surprising, as they made a pricing error there, being cheaper than the Chinese sellers. So I very much doubt they have any more coming in.

MB15 Euro torches plus conversion bits are cheaper now, if you can wait the few weeks for delivery, as low as £30 for the lot.

Nick DV likes this.
  13. SMarkS New Member

I don't know all the buzz words or what is available or what to use. I don't mind changing to Euro if it works out to be the best option. I had a look at MB15 Euro torches and conversion kits but unsure what to go for. A pointer in the right direction would be appreciated for sure.

14. SMarkS New Member

Should I have a liner in the swan neck of my supermig 150 torch?

15. Turbo Member

From what I remember the liner from the welder only goes as far as the brass block in the torch, I don't recall there being a liner in the swan neck.

Have you tried Denis Wilsons yet? It's worth a trip up there to just look around it, it's unreal the amount of stuff that's crammed into both floors of that shop! I would challenge anybody to visit it & leave empty handed!

16. SMarkS New Member

Thanks Turbo for the reply. Yes my liner will only go to the trigger valve in the torch. I have noticed people mention the neck liner but I know for sure my torch never had one and I do not see the need for it but I will stand corrected if I have too. I trimmed back my wanted parts and managed to get a new protective sheath, torch valve and gas connector delivered for £31 so happy with that. Been in Wilson's before that is where I got my welder from. Rang to enquire if they had the parts and got an O yes. So I went to them and was told they didn't have the parts, lucky I am not to far from them. On a side not I picked up a second hand Cemont 150 welder locally, and I am quite happy with it so for.
    Regards Mark.

Advertisements