Sealey Super Mig 185

1. olioli2345 New Member

Hi guys, currently got a Mighty Mig 90 which is gasless and just isn't up to par with what I need it to do.

I've found a Super Mig 185 for £150 local to me, comes with gas, euro torch and gloves. Is this a good deal? I've looked on the forum and people have said they're hit and miss, and those posts were 5+ years ago now - am I better off investing in a newer machine?

Cheers, Oli.

Nick DV likes this.
  2. a111r Member

Welcome!
    I find them OK machines. Parts can still be had from Sealey and they are usually very fairly priced.
    £150 is a good deal, without gas.

Nick DV likes this.
  3. olioli2345 New Member

Ok great - cheers. Been trying to repair the inner sills on my crusty mk3 golf, and the flux core just seems to be too hot and messy!

4. Nick DV

Nick DV "You must unlearn what you have learned."

Hi and welcome :waving:

Sounds like a good deal, especially if it's in good condition. I have a Supermig 150 and it's been great given that I was a novice when I first got it. You'll always find brand fans have differing opinions of welders that aren't the brand they use, but in truth any 'hobby' welder could be hit and miss under a specific condition or use :dontknow:

metalmelt likes this.
  5. olioli2345 New Member

Hello!

Yeah I imagined that might be the case, from the pictures it seems in decent condition - it's still got all it's paint which must be a good sign! I shall ring him and ask some more. Thanks both :)

a111r and Nick DV like this.
Advertisements