running two mig welders off one bottle

1. hypertherm69 New Member

i have two mig welders and i was wondering if i could run them both off the same 50liter bottle. The one welder i use a lot and is used for bigger stuff running 1.2 mm wire and is 330 amps and is manual,the other runs 0.8 and is synthergic and goes too 180amps.

2. daleyd

daleyd Member

Will you be using them both at the same time (I don’t mean you personally but maybe you have 2 people in workshop!)?

If not then just get some rectus 21 quick release connectors, connect up the bottle to whichever welder you are using. Takes 2 seconds to swap over.

eLuSiVeMiTe, Nick DV and 123hotchef like this.
  3. Hood

Hood If it walks like a duck....

As above, if using them individually then not an issue having them both hooked up to the same cylinder.
    I have that in my workshop. I have a hose going from the regulator to a manifold I made up which has 4 outlets for my welders, I use Y splitter valves so I can shut each one off and have flow meters on all.
    Three of them are at one side of the workshop.
    ScreenHunter 980.jpg
    Also a hose goes to the other side of the workshop to a flow meter for the other Mig.

ScreenHunter 981.jpg

4. hobby_machinist Member

You can also do it with dual flow meters like tig welders use one for machine the other for purging

metalmelt, AndersK and julianthegypsy like this.
  5. hypertherm69 New Member

cheers

6. Yep, no probs

Advertisements