Rubber suspension units

1. Digger 58 New Member

Hi, New member here, I first came across this forum when searching the net for advice on independent suspension units, I wanted to build a couple of swivel axel units like these ,https://axlesandmorebyjoellc.com/how-to-buy-axles-2-2/ I bought Indespemsion units and then cut them , mounted the axle in the centre and then re assembled by using a cone and a press to push the shaft and rubbers back in the housing, I used silicon spray as a lubricant. If anyones interested I will post some pics as I'm just making a heavier pair.

fizzy likes this.
  2. fizzy Member

uk
    Always interested in seeing new stuff. Where are you based? Website looks american but you appear to be in Ireland?

3. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

Welcome aboard :waving: You'll find ....... worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

premmington, Parm and fizzy like this.
  4. Fazerruss

Fazerruss Member

West Yorkshire
    I'd be interested to see photos of the technique used as I need to replace the rubbers on my trailer suspension.

5. CompoSimmonite Member

Mates father had a single wheel trailer, bought in 1960's, which he lent to me to go behind my Reliant Supervan III when we went on holiday in early 70's. I'm sure the actual wheel and suspenion was the tailwheel assembly off an aircraft !

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  6. stuvy

stuvy Member

Super rare Allstate trailer

upload_2019-6-29_9-25-53.jpeg

Anguz likes this.
Advertisements