Replacement tips and liner help

1. Riot van Member

Hello

I have a second hand well used clarke 100En Mig welder. The machine works but the wire is getting stuck between the roller and the gun. My question is do you need to buy specific liners for each model of machine?

I'm also planning to replace the nozzle and tip, I've found kits online with multiple tips and nozzles however they state they are for a Mig ak15/mb15 gun. How do you know what gun you have mine has no marking on it. I just know that the current tip is 1mm

Are here universal tips/nozzles available?
    I'm completely new to this so not sure if there are parts compatability requirements.
    Cheers

2. Cobbler

Cobbler Codger bodger

They are not mb15 tips, those are for professional guns, the liners & tips are specific to Clarke & are readily available from Machine Mart, the liner change is a good move, a lot of those welders were supplied with a plastic liner, which the wire tends to bind up in, a metal one will make all the difference. The liner is the same size as curtain wire, I know a lot have used it with good results, never tried it myself though. Have a scout through the Clarke section on here, it will give you a few ideas about changing the liner.

Edit
    Have a look on Weldequip’s site, button on header he shows the tips etc on there, look at hobby torches & service parts.

metalmelt likes this.
  3. gaz1

gaz1 Member

Advertisements