Replacement strap

1. Haz87 New Member

I've had the same helmet for quite a while. Leopard I "think" is the brand, its far from special but it does do what it advertised and has performed perfectly for my needs.
    However the strap has split over time and finally gave up a few weeks ago so thought I'll just replace it, how difficult can it be....

Since then I have ordered a number of new straps from various sources all showing a picture of the exact one I need, which includes the angle adjustment and locking as part of the strap itself - however on receipt I've always ended up being given one that does not have this.

Circled is the angle adjustment/locking I refer to that I require (dont know a better way to describe it :D )
    [​IMG]

This is what I keep getting sent
    [​IMG]

Obviously I've taken up the issues with the relevant sellers, but short of it is the latter is all they have so I'll just sort refunds. Despite looking head and tail for somewhere that lists these, and is reputable enough that they actually sell you what they list, I'm hitting a wall.

Does anyone know of anywhere I can source such a thing? Or is the helmet setup just so backwards that I'd be better off buying a new helmet with the more available strap setup (such a waste given the important bits all function)

Cheers,
    Harry

2. Haz87 New Member

Radio silence - never a good sign :whistle:

Any opinions welcome at this point

3. Mark 2

Mark 2 Forum Supporter

I guessing most would lean towards buying another helmet and be done.

4. Munkul

Munkul Jack of some trades, Master of none

I'd be drilling it in the right place and bolting it solid. A little M3 bolt or something like that. You could even drill a couple of holes. A plastic spacer if needed.

Either make do, or buy another helmet :)

5. steviec_lj

steviec_lj Rust Welding Professional

Did similar when my eBay/Chinese craptacular helmet gave up.

Didn’t even bother saving the auto darkening lense out of it.

6. AdamEightstone New Member

I have the same problem, looked online and it seems easier to buy a new helmet, I repaired mine using a piece of wire to fix it in place and covered it with electrical tape, it will do the job for now until I decide on which helmet to upgrade to.

7. sg66 Member

New helmet.

Advertisements