RAL colour cards

1. jimbo84 Member

Whenever I order RAL colours they never seem to be quite how I want them or thought they'd be, close but no cigar, this is due to monitor differences, online image differences etc etc.

Been looking at the books of RAL colour cards. They're quite pricey from online retailers, around £40.

Cheaper versions available at the likes of amazon and ebay...are the colours in these going to be way off, anybody got experience of them?

2. James1979 Member

I bought this one, or one the same off the same seller: 193086274197 (Sorry I cant find what ebay have done with the share button!!)

Its fine. Checked it with another and it all seems good. Some of the names are in Deutsch which isnt a problem for me but the translations are in the front. There are several books in the series, this is just the 'basic' or common colours. Check the RAL site to see whats in each book - one's metallic etc etc

For the money it was fine. Helps me get stuff powder coated reliably by just emailing the colours I need to the guy.

jimbo84 and mtt.tr like this.
  3. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England
    We bought ours on amazon £14 I'll get the link later

jimbo84 likes this.
  4. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

The problem is that they're limited pallets of colours. RAL has 1625 colours, so Google tells me. You can bet that the colour that you need isn't going to be on your swatches. Thank Mr. Sod for that :D

jimbo84 likes this.
  5. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England

Surprisingly the Swatch cards are actually pretty good very well thought out set

jimbo84 likes this.
  6. galooph

galooph Forum Supporter

jimbo84 likes this.
  7. jimbo84 Member

Cheers all, so it seems the cheaper ones are ok. Thanks for the link @galooph and for the item number @James1979 :thumbup: Good to know I don't need to shell out a small fortune.

galooph likes this.
  8. rtcosic

rtcosic Member

Not all RAL colours are available in all media.

RAL 2007 for example requires a luminous pigment.

There may be others.

jimbo84 likes this.
  9. jimbo84 Member

Just ordered one of the cards from the RAL seller on ebay.

James1979 likes this.
Advertisements