1. cossyman85 New Member

Norway
    Hi, I'm new to the forum
    But
    I have problem with contactor that does not turn on
    I have measured if it is powered on A1 - A2
    I get a different voltage each time I press the button
    Between 15 to 50, When it goes over 50 sometimes turn it on, and work fine
    I release the button, then the same again, Then I press 10 to 15 times it will work again to I release the button
    Anybody know what it could be?

It worked fine until it has been under water for a short time
    without be connected in. Because of the flooding in the workshop

Dag

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    Welcome to the forum cossyman85. As the contactor will operate when it sees 50v or more then I would suspect the feed to it is poor. As the machine has got wet I would trace the A1 and A2 wires back to the pcb and I would guess it connects via one of the big white plugs. If you look into the plug you might find that the pins for the A1 A2 are corroded cauing a resistance and voltage drop. If not that then it could be one of the relays on the board that drives the contactor. How wet did the machine get?

3. cossyman85 New Member

Norway
    I think it's relay, I just have to get it
    how wet, the machine had water to almost the top of the card

[​IMG]

4. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    Dag as the relays are not completly sealed ( not expected to be emersed in water!!) You might find the lue one has had water in it and the contacts have corrosion on them. If you remove the relay and note the markings on it (ready to order new) then you could try poping the blue cover off to see what it is like inside. Could even try a clean of contacts and refit. I would be a bit concerned as to how much water has/is in the wire feed motor unless it is very open at the bottom to drain. The fan on the bottom compartment must have been under water, check it work or think about replacing. Might be worth giving the whole machine a coating of WD40 then wipe off excess. I take it is was fresh water not salt water as there is not salt staining.

5. cossyman85 New Member

Norway
    Hi, I've had it all cleaned and washed, checked all the contacts, everything is ok. aperatet works just fine when I hold the contactor inside, welder just fine. I have removed the relay and see it has rust inside,

Have sent email to some sites that sell components, so it'll probably work out.

Thanks for all your help

6. Rapeli New Member

, Did you fix it? What was wrong? Did you change any parts?

7. chris pruteanu Member

Most likely the relay or the contact points/terminals on connecting wires have corroded away ! I had a similar instance where I forgot a ecu cover on one of my cars after looking for a blown fuse when central locking failed to work ! I found relays submerged in water, fast forward 4-5 months and the car wouldn’t start anymore ! Relays and contacts/spade terminals were corroded and had to buy new relays- still didn’t start the poxy thing due to lack of time !
    Hope you fix your welder though, it looks a good piece of kit ! No house insurance ?

Advertisements