Powercraft non gas MIG welder 25-130amp circuitry

1. SiPMerlin150

SiPMerlin150 Member

Hopefully, the moderators could make this a sticky thread in this section, as these welders are rather scarce, and so often are the instruction, and circuitry diagrams too.

Last night I was welding a section of sill on my car and all of a sudden, the welder made a small 'pop' noise and stopped working. Power was on, so was the cooling fan, upon pulling the gun trigger I was met with a 'click' noise from the relay.

Upon opening the unit and stripping it down, to reach the board, I found the problem. A soldered joint on one of the legs protruding from the relay unit had failed and gone open circuit. I resoldered the connection and the welder sprang back to life again. One of the power switches was toasted slightly, that will be replaced.

I'm no electrician, so I can't follow the electric diagrams, but I still managed to work out how the internals work and it was rather simple.

Here are the wiring diagrams for this machine:

• Wireing diagram 1.jpg
    • wiring diargram 2.jpg
    • 2013-01-13 22.32.56.jpg
    • 2013-01-13 22.33.24.jpg
  2. jeffmobilemechanic New Member

hi.im new this site and just seen this thread.im looking for the correct size and ohm of the wire feed potentiometer(pot) as shown in picture three. it is stamped on the back of the pot.i would be grateful for any help..thankyou.regards jeff

3. sardine

sardine Member

Who'd of thought power craft machines fall to bits ? :whistle:

SiPMerlin150 likes this.
  4. SiPMerlin150

SiPMerlin150 Member

Yeah, haha whats more amazing is its out of its warranty by at least 4 years which is pretty amazing to say the least! Of course not a patch on the real MIG's !
    but a lot more lighter than the compact 900 lincoln I used to have!

Advertisements