Portamig 215

1. Declan New Member

Hi
    I have a Portamig 215 which I purchased just over a year ago from a company called Weldequip. I have emailed them on a few occasions looking for the Ampage/Wire speed charts that should come with the welder but so far have never gotten a reply from them. Does anyone know if they are still in business or is it possible to get this information elsewhere for this particular welder. There is also a spot weld timer on the welder which dosn't work but again, I'm not sure if there are other conditions which must be met for this feature to work as I got no documentation whatsoever when I purchased the machine.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

Any machine from Tec Arc don't come with charts for settings. It's sorta just a dial it in to where you think and then adjust as necessary sort of thing.

Weldequip are still in business and are the forum sponsor.

If the spot weld timer is broken it's usually an issue with the PCB, which usually means a Return to base.

Declan likes this.
  3. gaz_moose Member

I got the instruction book with mine and it gives no indications of settings.

Declan likes this.
  4. julianf

julianf Member

If you consider that the upper end is 215 amps, and i think the lower is 20, then (assuming the settings are equidistant, which i suspect they are) then its not too hard to work out.

addjunkie likes this.
  5. Declan New Member

Hi all,
    Thanks for the replies. I thought that there should be chart with setting info on it but I guess if its the norm for these to be sent out without then that solves that problem. Should the timer work on all voltage /wire speed setting? I don't see any reason why not but this welder has had very little use and I have never used the timer on it so can't say if it even worked from new. Is there anything I can check to see if it's an easy fix
    Thanks
    Declan

6. addjunkie

addjunkie Member

They have a 2 year warrenty. Think, contact weldequip or TECArc by phone

7. Declan New Member

I'll try contacting them again but so far have not had any luck with that.

8. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

Try Tec Arc direct, number is 01904 410 041. Ask for Les.

Declan likes this.
  9. Declan New Member

Just an update on this. I got to talk to Steve from Weldequip and yes it was covered by a 2 year warrenty by weldequip. So pulled out the control panel and sent it back for repair. Got it back this morning and refitted and all now working ok. :sheep:

Interdiction likes this.
  10. scottonthefen Member

I know this thread is a year old but.. I was searching for some charts for my Portamig 216S and this thread came up. If you did too.. you might find this useful: https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/calculator.htm

I had already dialled in to about voltage 4 and wire speed 5 for welding ~2mm sheet without any charts. For what it's worth the chart suggests only very slightly lower wire speed and very slightly higher voltage, so it does seem it will put you in the right ball park and then you can tweak from there.

Wallace likes this.
Advertisements