Parweld AC/DC setting amps when using the pedal

1. Noods

Noods Member

Hi

I’ve a Parweld AC/DC Tig setup XTT202 with a Parweld pedal also..

My Question is..

When the torch is directly plugged into the welder directly I can easily set and adjust the amps as req..

But when I use the pedal ( I know it’s got a red knob on the side to adj travel ) I can’t seem to adjust the maximum amount of amps I intend to use, this would be handy to me, so anyone any ideas.. ?

hopefully it’s just something I’ve missed ..

Thank you

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  2. addjunkie

addjunkie Member

If you search Im sure there is a thread about this, saying that once you plug the pedal in your max amps are set by the knob on the pedal.....there may even have been some debate as to why and how to bypass it.

Noods and zx9 like this.
  3. Noods

Noods Member

Yes it’s really annoying tbh, I want, or would rather use the foot pedal as on delicate work I’d like to know I’m not going past my max amps..

Without the pedal I can set the max amps obv but, there’s a + & - on the torch so I can adj on the go.. so why not just use the torch instead? It’s a bit big and clumsy, and having to keep my thumb on the trigger means I can’t hold the torch how I’d like too, eg close up to the action...

4. AndersK Member

As Addjunkie said that's what the knop on the pedal is for. Grab the pedal in your hands and press it full then turn the knob, looking at the display.

You get used to it quickly.

gt6s and Noods like this.
  5. WorkshopChris

WorkshopChris Forum Supporter

I think @Hood may have some insight on this.

6. Noods

Noods Member

Will give it a goes TY

7. AndersK Member

Maybe obvious but... Make sure the torch doesn't arc where it hurts while setting the pedal

8. gt6s Member

In total agreement. I wired up my old Stahlwerk pedal to my xtt200 just yesterday. same thing

9. gt6s Member

Ooops XTT202

Advertisements