Parweld 182 ac/dc tig specs

1. Bobo Member

If I ever bought a tig it would purely be for hobby work.
    What sort of thickness material would this weld in Mild steel/ stainless and alley.

I'd love to come up with something like this 2nd hand.

Apologies, I've just realised I've probably put this in the wrong section. If one of the mods could move it that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Bobo

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  2. Hood

Hood If it walks like a duck....

Do you get a Parweld 182 Tig that is AC/DC? Had a quick search and DC only comes up.
    For a 200Amp Tig you would be looking at 6mm max in aluminium for large sections, small sections 8mm would be possible.

3. Bobo Member

4. Bobo Member

5. Hood

Ruffian likes this.
  6. Bobo Member

7. Ruffian Member

That was hoods, then mine, now julianf.

A very good welder.
    With a decent brand behind it.

If I was you would save up a bit more and wait as now the 212 is out also there may be more options on 2nd hand market.

8. julianf

julianf Member

...and regrettably it's not even made it off my kitchen floor yet! : (

IMG_20200718_112827954.jpg

Hood and Ruffian like this.
  9. Ruffian Member

Yea but with the 8m torch it could be in the kitchen and run the torch through the window :clapping:

Hood likes this.
  10. Bobo Member

Lol.. I wouldn't have left it on the kitchen floor..

Hood likes this.
  11. Bobo Member

Lol... I'dve had it on the table.

12. northwest

northwest Member

Holy Carp. Do I need to upgrade?

Not at all. The only difference I can see between the 202 and the 212 is the latter is dual voltage? I read everything I could before I parted with (what was a fair chunk of cash for me) the necessary but I must say, it is one of my better purchases. First thing I used it for was to MMA weld about 5 ton of steel plate. I know, I know....

13. Hood

On paper there is not much of a difference, on arc quality I have been informed there is. Not tested myself so can't say if that is true but hopefully sometime in the not too distant future a friend will bring his to my workshop where a comparison to the Sherman (Jasic) can be made, it will be interesting :D

14. northwest

northwest Member

I am not proficient enough to notice really is the fact of it. I am really pleased with it though. There could well be much better, smoother and synergic models out there but this works for me. I just do not use it enough to become really quick.

Hood likes this.
  15. Ruffian Member

Maybe I wasnt that clear on what i ment.

Now the 212 is released and the prices I have seen them available for is getting lower the 2nd hand prices may be a bit cheaper.

I would still save up for a branded welder whether that be a 202 or 212 it doesn't matter it depends on right price right time.

If say you used the welder every day for work and some companies I know do. They like the warranty and only keep them for said period and sell them off when running out.

Advertisements