Parkside 12v Grinder conversion to 50m Roloc

1. Shox Dr

Shox Dr Chief Engineer to Carlos Fandango

Bought a Parkside 75mm disc grinder a while back to convert to using Roloc 50mm discs.

Pretty **Language** at a cutter as the thing stalls, shutting down at the slightest of pressure. Wasn't much bothered as I wanted it for light dressing and cleaning of Thin wall tube. Besides at can soon go back:eyepatch:

Need to convert the female M5 thread in the machine to 1/4"unc male to fit a 50mm Roloc pad. I’d tried it out on a 50mm polishing mop, pleasantly surprised on how hard I could push and it still didn't stall. So ordered the Roloc pad and 5 60Grit Ceramic discs.
    It all turned up this morning. Machined down the shank on 1/4"unc bolt, a die cut an m5 thread.

Spacer is a bit of tufnol from another job that fitted without mods:drunk:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Works a treat; quiet, very little vibration (mainly down to disc)

:thumbup:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Turbo, Wallace and eSCHEn like this.
  2. Shox Dr

Not bad at all, this area on my bench took no longer than a 125mm grinder, it stalled once. In tbe real world, I’ll never Use it for so long so I’m happy (for the moment:laughing:)

image.jpg

Windy Miller and eSCHEn like this.
  3. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

nice one there shox:thumbup:

i wonder if that would be any good for sharpening tungstens ends

4. Turbo Member

That would be great for touch up body work on cars or for polishing plastic headlights.

Shox Dr and zx9 like this.
  5. Shox Dr

A little update. AWESOME. The stalling was down to the battery, it was showing full charge. But for some reason was shutting the tool down after a short while. Fresh charge and I cant get it to stall now without putting excessive force on the disc.

So a BIG :thumbup:

6. eddie49 Member

These guys have stolen your idea and are selling a ready-made Roloc adapter for the little ( Lidl ! ) grinder:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roloc-Ad...inder-PWSA-roll-lock-12-Li-B1-sa/223594115126

I have one of these cordless Parkside 12v grinders, fitted with an ultra-thin cutting disc. I use it for chopping bits off rusty cars. I like the fact that the motor and cutter are at 90 degrees to the handle. I thought it was a brilliant of Lidl to come up with this idea, but in fact it is a copy of the Bosch GWS12V-76. The Bosch version is available as a bare tool for about a hundred quid, whereas the Lidl one is £29.99 inc. charger and one 2AH battery.

Shox Dr likes this.
  7. Shox Dr

Fair play to the guy. Not seen anything to fit them before I made that one.

8. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England
    Now that's a good idea

9. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

And other stuff, from their "other items" - looks like someone got a 3D printer..... :)

mtt.tr likes this.
Advertisements