Parker mig torches.

1. zzr1200

zzr1200 Working at 650 ft on open steel work

Are they any good?

My EASB Compact 160 is pre euro torch connect, I'm considering fitting a conversion kit, as the torch could do with possibly replacing..

I might be upgrading in the near-ish future to an Oxford Industrial machine...so it may make the EASB more desirable to someone looking for a mag/mig machine...

Any feed back welcome...

2. Hood

Hood If it walks like a duck....

I have a Parker push-pull gun.
    It is reasonably well made and the only thing I dislike is occasionally the trigger will stick and I can find no reason for it doing so. I did have similar issues with the TecArc spool gun I had and again could not find the reason. As said however it is just occasionally that it happens and a quick tap will release it. I keep meaning to try some dry lubricant type spray on it but not done so yet.
    Apart from that I like it a lot.

3. Troy Member

We run about 14 mix of mb36 and mb501 Parker mig torchs carnt fault them tbh for 55/60 plus for an mb36 they are very good value for money I echo what Hood says you do get a very occasional trigger stick solved this by sticking some graphite dust from a pencil in one worked sweet ever since

pressbrake1 and James1979 like this.
  4. davidjohnperry a different breed

I'm running a parker torch ran it for about two years had no issues with it same quality as a binzal to be honest infact the mb26 I run except for the binzal being 4 or 5 meters long and the parker being 3 I couldn't tell the difference and I usually run them for ages around 27bvolts

5. Munkul

Munkul Jack of many trades, Master of none

Got a Parker TIG torch the other day for my brother's TIG set, really impressed tbh. Lovely handle design and torch body, with a ball joint. Missing that leather flexible bit that the Parwelds and other premium brand torches have though - it's rubber sheath all the way to the ball joint. Easy enough to cut back and put a fabric or leather sheath on, though.

I also have a Parker MB36 dedicated to aluminium, seems OK but only put a few hours on it in total.

pressbrake1 likes this.
Advertisements