Review Oxford MIgmaker 180 240 v single phase

1. Shedendman

Shedendman Member

east sussex
    ^^^^^^ another must do project i have to do,among the other 57:whistle:

Yamhon likes this.
  2. Yamhon Member

What I like about them is the wide range of amps they cover, 20-270, 30-330 IIRC for some models, which makes them very versatile, if on the big and heavy side.

I've only used one machine that you could call industrial and that was an Esab model; but the Oxfords seem much more common in the UK compared to Esab, Lincoln, etc which at least feels reassuring in terms of knowledge availability, parts, upgrades, etc.

BTW is that a home made linishing machine? Do you have a thread for that, I'm considering getting one from Warco when they come back in stock, would considering making one if there is enough information on how to go about it around the web.

3. Shedendman

Shedendman Member

east sussex
    Try youtube,you should know how:laughing:

Parm likes this.
  4. Yamhon Member

Just about to lol

5. baldy Member

kent uk
    Yes its a genereic linisher /belt grinder using a 6x2 belt, and in this case a dc treadmill motor.The websites are awash with plans to build them.I knocked this up, a mate did all the prep, i did all the welding(sort of). Started off with 3.2mm mma on the feet with customer supplied screwfix 6013's, which are utter shyte.Getting the slag off requires a kango hammer! .So busted out the oxford mig instead. I wanted to use the mma as i was worried the mig wouldnt get enough penetration,which it clearly did. And also i wanted the mma practice! .And i wanted to save some co2 for another project im starting shortly.

Parm and Yamhon like this.
  6. John Payne New Member

Hi, Andrew how did you get on with having your Oxford 200-1 repaired? I'm in the process of looking for another welder and like the look of the Oxford . Many thanks John

steve t likes this.
  7. tom2207 Member

They dont solder the wires on aircraft ,,, theres a reason for it. Resistance increase , heat effects on the cable and vibration snapping rigid wires , and if you put tinned cables in screw terminals you only really get two very small points of contact , think of a pipe in a vise , so often clamped cables are left bare and un tinned , I used to think it was just faster and so cheaper , but there are reasons for things that may not be obvious immediately.

arther dailey and baldy like this.
  8. Davey223 Member

Hi baldy I have just got my 270 oxford just wondering are you using gasless

Advertisements