not barn find garage find

1. brightspark

brightspark Member

rummaging through garage today to find some nylon blocks .came across a black box on the back of shelf and though what's that .opened it up and its a new metabo drill :ocant even remember buying it but must have :)and been cheap as I already have a couple I use . must have a sort out as I have tons of electrical stuff and im out buying it when I probably have a load

• DSCF1157.JPG
    skotl, the snooper, ronan and 17 others like this.
  2. clift_d

clift_d Member

LOL - you're just field testing your story for the wife.

sardine, skotl, jerrytug and 11 others like this.
  3. taxi ray Member

I have the same or a very similar model, very good solid drill, possibly had it 25 years!!

Memmeddu and brightspark like this.
  4. Anguz

Anguz Forum Supporter

bedfordshire
    me too

5. Ashley Burton

Ashley Burton Member

Since moving house I've found plenty of things I had forgotten about!

6. roofman

roofman Purveyor of fine English buckets and mops

looks like a useful length lead on it to:thumbup:

7. Shedendman

Shedendman Member

east sussex
    Bloody hell,been looking for that,knew i left it somewhere,pop it in the post for me theres a good chap:whistle:

Gragson, anjum, barking mat and 2 others like this.
  8. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

I always say the time to buy a bargain is when you don't need it, because when you DO need it it won't be a bargain. ;)

MattF, Yamhon, dobbslc and 2 others like this.
  9. Patrick Gill

Patrick Gill Member

well I have been told to tidy my study prior to redecorating it, personally I quite like the clown wallpaper and curtains, it was the kids playroom, they range from 38 down to 28 but don't quote me, I have found quite a few things, a 1930's burman gearbox shell, a 1920's AJS shell, very corroded, some Vickers machine gun parts, a VHS recorder, an 8 track home player, three brief cases, some old AMAC carbs, lots of books, and a carpet! 20200326_231001_resized.jpg 20200326_230932_resized.jpg 20200326_230955_resized.jpg

10. Patrick Gill

Patrick Gill Member

I think there are a couple of 360 channel radios, an ADF and a 720 channel hand held in one of the cupboards! and a few 0320E2D expired spares,

11. frank horton

frank horton V twins are great but 4"s rule.........

Mr Gill,
    tidy up yes....but if it's only u going in there keep the walpaper......hahaha.....
    have u got room to make ur own booze......prob not.....

Question,
    what was the prog that 2 guys were chatting in an epmty green house drinking home made sherry......just a thought....mmmmmm

12. Richiew Tungsten Sharpener

Frank, are you thinking of no "Place like Home"? Trevor used to hide in his shed drinking sherry to escape the wife.He was joined by William Gaunt trying to escape his family.

ronan likes this.
  13. Chillitt Member

Yesterday I found the regulator for the bottle of pub gas thats been knocking about here for ages. What a perfect time to have a spare bottle for the mig..

ronan likes this.
  14. Kayos

Kayos Member

Is it sds?

I had one like that, was stolen when the van got done, seemed to be a bit slow but just munched through anything

15. taxi ray Member

Mine is not sds, had a keyless chuck, I replaced the chuck a couple of years ago.

16. brightspark

brightspark Member

as above not sds with a keyless chuck

17. KemppiFrog Member

Very good bit of kit. I collected some free stuff a while back, which included one and I gave it a friend who was starting up in artistic ironwork . I still feel virtuous about that, but could do with the drill!
    What was the 0320E2D in?

18. Patrick Gill

Patrick Gill Member

GBHYR F172M that I restored in the 1990's? it is still flying out of Stapleford Essex, I am no longer licenced or probably fit enough, and not wealthy enough now!

KemppiFrog likes this.
  19. Melvyn Best Member

I used to jump with a girl that I think was killed in a helicopter crash flying from Stapleford back in the 90s ?

20. Patrick Gill

Patrick Gill Member

If there are no tall crops in the field behind me and I stand on tiptoe in my bedroom I can just see the beacon on top of LAM vor mast that is at the top of the main runway at Stapleford, about 5 miles to the east, I can also see the red warning light on top of Canary Wharf if I look to the south, just, on a good day, about 15 miles away as the crow flies,

Advertisements