Nissan Juke - Spare wheel needed

1. Lazurus

Lazurus Member

Got a new to me Nissan Juke last week, no spare wheel not even a space saver, just a small compressor and a bottle of jollop to put in the tyre in the event of a puncture. no good for a blow out and the tyre would need replacing after using the stuff. Had a look on line the space saver spare wheel is best part of 200 beer tokens :o. so before I spend out thought I would ask the Forumites if anyone has one or an alloy 17" to suit a 2012 juke as per the image, rather spend the money on here than to some unknown supplier.

• Capture.PNG
    • Capture1.PNG
  2. Bullet2012

Bullet2012 Forum Supporter

Sorry cannot assist. We nearly purchased an Infinity Q30 new a couple of years ago. The deal breaker was no spare wheel, salesman could not get his head around the fact that when a wheel is damaged by a pothole no amount of gloop is getting you back on the road

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  3. stuvy

stuvy Member

Would be worth a google to see what other nissans use the same pcd and try them to see if the price comes down a bit

4. dobbslc

dobbslc Member

So for the sake of throwing in a spare wheel and Jack he lost a sale of a 40k? Car! :doh:
    No wonder you don't see many Infinity's on the road!
    @Lazurus I had the same with the Zafira. After a school run blow out while my wife was driving the boys to school I found an unused one locally for about £125 and that included the wheel cage under the car.

5. Cobbler

Cobbler Codger bodger

We’ve had 5 or 6 cars stuck at the top of our drive, they touch the kerb further down the road & rip the sidewall out. I’ve tried to find out what they hit, but can’t, Gloop doesn’t cure that! When I bought my Skoda I asked the salesman about a spare & said no spare, no deal, he soon found one in another car!

6. voipio Member

Cambridge, UK
    110 notes on eBay, including jack and wheel spanner. Got to be worth the hassle it can save.

7. jimbo84 Forum Supporter

Baffles me these one's without spares. Had a puncture about 6 months ago, mines an old car with a full size spare, back on the road in less than ten minutes, non of this daft 50mph business on a space saver or trying to reinflate with gloop and having to find a garage pronto. Got the puncture sorted at my convenience later in the week.

I swear we're going backwards not forwards with development.

RWD3M and slim_boy_fat like this.
  8. CompoSimmonite Member

9. brightspark

brightspark Member

once you fill the tire with the goo garages wont repair the puncture and its a new tire :(even if its a couple of days old

stuvy likes this.
  10. Lazurus

Lazurus Member

Yes I must get one, was hoping to find someone breaking one on here. Just doesnt feel right not having something to use other than a bottle of "stuff". Mind you never crossed my mind when on bikes, different mindset I guess.

11. Migmac

Migmac Forum Supporter

No spare wheel is a deal breaker for me too.

There’s a few on eBay

stuvy likes this.
  12. Bullet2012

Bullet2012 Forum Supporter

it seemed that the vehicle was designed not to have a spare

13. rtcosic

rtcosic Member

I cannot find the primary reference at the moment but I recall reading of one on the BMW Z cars.

Supplied with one of those bicycle wheel spares.

But wheel well designed only for it - the flat tyred wheel won't fit, but a bag is supplied to put it in. Apparently you are expected to carry it on the passenger seat.

For some reason that now escapes me some-one fitted the spare and his girlfriend/partner/wife/mistress was holding the wheel with a fully inflated tyre on her lap. It exploded and killed her.

Found It

stuvy and RWD3M like this.
  14. RWD3M

RWD3M Member

I'm left a little speechless after that.

I'm probably with most people here in thinking that a spare wheel is a spare wheel. It's not a can of jollop or a space saver (those bl00dy things shouldn't be allowed BTW - just my opinion).

Paid £260 for a full size spare in my MG ZT back in 2004, threw the space saver out of my X Type and bought a full size alloy for that, and just done the same with Fords excuse for a spare (a can of jollop and a compressor) in the wife's Fiesta. Not even a jack in that! Oh, and which doesn't fit the spare wheel well properly either!

Grrr...

Rant over.

stuvy likes this.
  15. Lewis_RX8

Lewis_RX8 Member

Sometimes local scrappy's keep spare wheels around and might be worth a look just check tyre sizes and bolt layout etc.

If your lucky quite a bit cheaper than the bay and other places.

stuvy likes this.
  16. stuvy

stuvy Member

My Rav4 has a tyre bag invade I get a flat and can’t be bothered to put the alloy on the rear door!

17. rtcosic

rtcosic Member

Yikes!

I've just paid £400 for 4 newly refurbished alloys with one season old winter tyres with less than 2'000 miles under their belt for my X260. Maybe they were a bargain after all.

slim_boy_fat and RWD3M like this.
  18. RWD3M

RWD3M Member

They probably were a bargain.

I got mine new when I was ordering the car. If I remember correctly standard fit was the gloop and compressor (even back then!) and a space saver was about £100. So a brand new Alloy, it was one of those nice 10 spoke ones like these:

Untitled.png

With a brand new tyre (can't remember what OEM was back then) wasnt a bad deal.

stuvy likes this.
  19. bourbon Member

Maybe I'm old, But I always thought that not having a legal spare wheel was an MOT failure. If it's changed, It shouldn't have. But then again, OEM's change the rules to suit themselves. ( don't get me started on the stupid lights modern cars have!)

20. RichardM Member

I still have the spare from our old Punto (put the gloop back in when the wife sold it)- shame it won't fit your car :(

stuvy and Lazurus like this.
Advertisements