Today I got the underside of the frame welded up. I then buffed the upper where the sheet would go. Made the plates for the wheelhouse and bolted them on and welded in a leg.
Got the vertical welds on the sheets done, the top sheet for the table cut and tacked in place and then we got the angle and height of the hauler worked out so that I could then measure up for cutting the 8mm plate out on the plasma tomorrow.
Testing out that there is enough room for one of the big creels that the skipper uses.
Got up today to find the skipper had decided to position the hauler plate differently, it always happens so I was expecting it but still gave him stick about it all day
Black likes show the original angle that he settled for on Friday but after a weekend at sea he decided the one he had on his current boat worked fine so went for something similar.
Got the table top tacked down underneath and fully welded on top and got the hauler box sides welded up.
Also bolted on the side strips to the outside and welded them to the roller system.
A bit more done, got the hauler properly fitted and the ejector knife fitted in the correct location. I think I will likely be making a stainless knife for it as the steel ones just make a mess with the brown rusty streaks running over the aluminium and down to the deck.
Got the gunwale height extension welded up.
Got it fitted and also the guard that will surround the control handle box.
Nipped into the workshop on the way home and cut some aluminium for the box for the secondary helm.
Also cut some aluminium that will be for the control handles box.
Table main frame today, 2m wide 4.4m long.
Corner got modified twice to allow a bit more room for passing
Before the mod.
After the first modification and with a couple of legs welded on.
Then the second modification and more legs in place, still have another 3 to do then it will be flipped over so I can weld the top and also weld in a frame for holding a fuel tank for the doney engine.