NEW TORCH - Cebora pocket turbo 130

1. Brianbodger New Member

Hi Guys. Its my first post so please go easy.

I have a Pocket Turbo 130. Bought it second hand and have used it for a few bodywork jobs. Having trouble getting to grips with the Cebora style lever trigger. I have also found that the trigger does not always initiate the arc. this welder has a gas valve in the torch head. I am considering changing the torch. I don't really fancy changing the machine to full Eurotorch set-up but I have seen new torches on WECS and eBay. WECS are looking over £70 for a torch that looks identical to a £25 eBay jobbie. I know that it can be false economy to buy cheap, but I also know that just because it is more expensive it is not necessarily better. What do the experts here advise.

WECS
    http://www.wecs-ltd.co.uk/index.php...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

eBay. https://www.manomano.co.uk/mig-torc...er_id=537135&gclid=CKavvp711tICFfgV0wod2KIMBg

2. Mee Banned

As above, or the spade connectors are loose or partially disconnected.

3. Brianbodger New Member

Thanks Guys. Don't like the feel of the trigger. As you point out maybe its the valve that gives me that heavy feel. The gas does start at an early stage in the trigger stroke with the arc starting later. The trigger takes a very firm pull, almost forcing it against the end stop to get the arc, and becomes uncomfortable with prolonged use. I did open the torch but there is no obvious switch contacts to clean. I assume its all combined within the gas valve. I have read that people have converted these to euro torch but I understand its a difficult conversion unless you can point me to the simpletons guide.

4. HughF

HughF Member

Work: Dorchester, Workshop: Corfe Castle, Wife's place: Frome
    Put a trigger and pin kit in the current torch before you try and change the torch out. The standard red cebora torch is a very good quality item, although the trigger is a little delicate. I generally search out unloved cebora 130's for refurbishment, they are a great little machine that with some love and attention can lay a very nice weld.

Advertisements