New To Everything

1. Hedge Hogg New Member

Hi

Just going to start to teach myself to weld for a hobby always wanted to weld now I’m old enough to be responsible to own a welder I thought I would give it a try.

I have spent 100s hrs looking at welders new and second hand. (I have now decided I daren’t risk a second hand one I don’t know enough to mess with it if it doesn’t work).

Every time I start anew having given myself a few weeks off I come back to the same machine this machine is right at the top of my budget and by the time I buy all the bits at least £100 over.

So, the bane of my life is this I’m hoping you long time welders will tell me to get a life and buy something else.

IFL i-TECH 170 MIG INVERTER

(PS) I know you won’t tell me to get a life it’s a good machine, I can’t weld but have no problem reading.

Just looking for what I have missed in my research that you out there know, and I don’t.

2. Mark 2

Mark 2 Forum Supporter

3. Munkul Member

Cumbria, UK
    I quite like IFL products. They stand by their kit and will repair it very reasonably.
    We had a broken IFL TIG set which cost a total of £95 to repair, this was after literally hundreds of hours production welding stainless.
    I also have an IFL 40 plasma, can't complain about it.

4. Hedge Hogg New Member

I fear for my budget too and I have an idea how far out I am I just don’t want to verbalize it then I won’t have to justify it. I think it would be worse to under buy and have to start from the beginning with a shed full of useless kit.
    Nice to know they support thier kit.

Advertisements