new old machine

1. yetta New Member

Northampton GB
    I have a blue brand inverta TIG 180p.This welder was bought for me over 10 years ago, and has never been used until a few days ago. It came with a basic instruction book with no set up details. It has slope in & out controls which I assume is the amperage at start & finish, does this also control the gas pre flow? and not sure what the 2T and 4T switch does. The more I look at You Tube the more confused I get. Thank's Yetta

2. yoshimitsu666 New Member

2T is when the machine only runs with an input from the trigger or pedal, 4T is like an automatic mode or trigger latch
    Slope in and slope out is basically the way the machine delivers the current, so a long up slope will set the machine to gradually increase the amperage and vice versa on the back end.
    Not sure on the gas part of your question.

3. Mullet52

Mullet52 Member

Any pics of the front panel??

4. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

2T you have to keep the button on the torch pressed, 4T the button is pressed and released to start then again to stop. Gas will start when you press the button so up slope and pre flow should work together same with down slope to stop cratering.

5. yetta New Member

Northampton GB
    Thanks very much for your replies just what I needed. Hope to practice with more confidence now. IMG-20201113-WA0005.jpg

Advertisements