Give the Franzinator a go and if it works then please make me one. :-)
Update; that's the new compressed air system done for now. Will extend it when I hopefully build a spray booth but the extra volume is great.
Is copper water pipe up to providing enough flow? I would guess fine for very low consumption air tools and blowing a carb out, but not big enough to flow enough air for much else.
used to flow plenty fine for me, in most systems its the PCL quick release connectors that do the damage
Nice looking system, I bet all that copper wasn't cheap though.
only thing i really dont like is compression 90's on principul that a swept 90 ( or bent pipe ) flows better but still plenty of flow for any singel phase compressor
When you look at the restriction imposed by hoses and PCL couplings, 15mm tube is definitely not going to be the bottleneck.
The new system flow and pressure is like night and day compared to my old set-up. Once I hooked up the new system for the first test the flow and pressure after the new receiver was fantastic but if I isolated the receiver and opened up a drain valve the pressure and flow just died. It was also taking my compressor way to long to fill the new receiver, the issue was the regulator on the compressor, it was by far the biggest issue so I bypassed it and flow and pressure is fantastic now. I open up the drain valve and it will drain the compressor tank in no time. Regarding flow with 15mm pipe, if I open the drain at the end it will drain the system in no time, the flow is great. I mainly spray and will give it a test hopefully this weekend or next and I expect a big improvement on how it was previously. Adding another compressor I think would be the next big improvement but I'll see if it is required first.
The new piping system added to get rid of any extra moisture will hopefully work but by far the biggest improvements I've noticed at this stage is the larger volume with the receiver and bypassing the compressor regulator.
I see you are using a low pressure LPG cylinder as a tank.................interesting idea!
It's pressure tested to 24.4bar, my operating pressure is 8bar. Previously contained propane at a higher pressure and now contains air which is not flammable. I also calculated the minimum thickness for 8bar and inspected the tank. It is safe and no issues with what I have done.
Nice looking system - top work! My only comment would be to echo what dannyp has said. Wherever possible I would always use swept 90 degrees and do the pipe joins on the straight lengths. But as you've already seen a significant uplift in performance, that clearly wasn't the performance bottleneck. Good work, well executed.
Moved the compressors to the back room and connected the old one up, just waiting on bits so I can join the two tanks. It's quieter through in the main workshop area even with both running and can hardly here them outside so that was a relief.
don't think our lass would like it if I had my comps in the house couldn't fit the diesel one in anyhows
That's not our house, back room at my workshop. Just gave the sofa to a mate and going to be used as a storage room as I strip out the Amazon.
You need to get a white dog.......oh no, it won't matter if the sofa's going............
He's doing his impression of the girl in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. ;-)
Where the heck did he come from.
Connected the compressors and did a wee test to see how fast each took to fill both tanks and then both together. The old compressor cut off pressure was a bit higher as it ran for about 15sec longer when both going together.
New - 3.15
Old - 3.50
Both - 1.55
Just added a couple of the old pics back on the thread.
Separate names with a comma.