Never Again

1. Nick DV

Nick DV "You must unlearn what you have learned."

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."
    So true, and backs up the old saying of "you get what you pay for" ;)

Munkul and James1979 like this.
  2. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

To be honest I don’t think it was for financial reasons Howard ended up buying from the local supplier. It was probably more so just for the fact that they was local. However the main issue initially lay in the fact that they were not a Lorch dealer and therefore had no obligation to our brand to try and help resolve the situation and do the best by the customer.

There is no doubt that their was a problem with the 1st machine, albeit a minor thing and unfortunately luck wasn’t on our side when it was returned and the connection to the PCB wasn’t secured properly, again, very minor but still nevertheless frustrating for the owner and couldn’t of happened at a worse time.

I don’t for one minute think that the repair cost would be anything like the original estimate. After seeing the parts list that have been quoted I am sure some of them would of been advised for replacement to air on the side of caution. If just one of the Diodes or IBGT’s fails under warranty our recommended procedure is to replace both of the whole sets set because it’s just good practice, however that’s all fine and well for warranty but it certainly doesn’t mean that it’s essential especially if someone is having to foot the bill out of warranty.

3. The_Yellow_Ardvark

The_Yellow_Ardvark perkele

@matt1978

Well done to you.

Good customer service.

I agree with what was said above.

Well done.

Did the OP over get back in the public forum?

zx9, James1979, Malky and 1 other person like this.
  4. Malky Member

I agree with this and as said before
    Theres always two sides, would be interesting to hear the op view now.

5. Nick DV

Nick DV "You must unlearn what you have learned."

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."
    I agree, and I'd like to see what the repair quote breakdown is :confused:

6. Cheesie Member

Reading this has give me a little more faith in what I bought, I hope if anything goes wrong with mine I will get a similar service, i hate buying anything Chinese I probably could of got 3 parweld acdc tigs for the price of my Lorch

Nick DV and James1979 like this.
  7. addjunkie

addjunkie Member

Reading this make me think yes great follow up from Matt and Lorch, but I really should go and look inside my tig as Ive been messing with a fair bit of wood recently.

zx9 and Cheesie like this.
  8. Cheesie Member

It's probably obvious to some but it's a lesson for me too surely it would need to be on and the fan drawing it in while sawing ECT close to it

9. Gazello Member

Its not the saw dust !

10. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

I’ve had a HandyTig200 for what must be 4-5 years now. Sometimes it goes a few weeks without being used, I’ve had the covers off recently just to blow it out and it’s perfect inside. The filters on the back certainly prevent dust from getting into the machine in my experience.

They’re a very reliable machine in my opinion.

Matt has helped me out tonnes of times with any questions or issues, which are usually user fault :laughing:
    As an owner of three Lorch machines I see no reason to go elsewhere. I’ve had great service from Matt and every Lorch distributor I’ve used. Wasp Welding being one of those, Elmdale another and most recently Camarc

matt1978, skotl, Cheesie and 3 others like this.
  11. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

I want a Lorch now. :D

matt1978, James1979, skotl and 3 others like this.
  12. roblane65

roblane65 Member

Nice thread with hopefully good news at the end . but a bit of hijack here and a Question
    for matt1978 are the Tweco AC/Dc tigs currently on offer at united welding ( £1600 ish ) actually rebranded Lorch machines been seriously looking at one for Home /hobby use . A diffeintive answer make swing it :whistle: Pm me Matt.

matt1978 likes this.
  13. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

The Twecos are rebadged T220s. But they are missing a few features if I remember correctly.

Id spend the extra dosh and get Lorch backup. ESAB certainly won’t go the same distance.

matt1978 likes this.
  14. skotl

skotl Forum Supporter

That's fantastic service - well done, Matt :thumbup:

15. roblane65

roblane65 Member

that is the problem though at 16 ish i'd already be pushing the boat far further than it should be considering the machines use will be ( i e not money making . )

16. Munkul

Munkul Jack of some trades, Master of none

I'd have one of the twecos, they're really well priced :)
    Not for money making though, the lorch panel design and torch controls are too useful. It pains me to think that torch controls are worth an extra grand or so, but like Brad says, you get the solid backup with it as well.

17. DennisCA

DennisCA Member

I have a large plastic drape that separates the woodworking section from the metal section, it traps 99% of dust or more in the woodworking side. But most of my welders are older and can take more punishment from a dirty environment regardless (I still blow them out every few years and clean the filter). I don't have a single inverter based welder out of the three I own.

Nick DV likes this.
  18. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

The Twecos you can see online are new (old) stock. They are not available via ESAB/Tweco anymore and they are selling off what remains of their stocks.

The prices are very much artificially lower than previously was available because of this

roblane65 likes this.
  19. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

Well done Matt......great service.....they will all want 8 year guarantees now:clapping:

skotl, Nick DV and Brad93 like this.
  20. nickk Forum Supporter

That’s exceptional service Matt,I’ll remember that when I’m in the market.

skotl and James1979 like this.
Advertisements