Neutrik PowerCON connectors?

1. Kram

Kram Member

I want to replace my tool power leads with connectors and a single extension cable, @Maker showed this in another thread.
    Id like to do all of my cabled tools, 10+, and its looking expensive. The blue look better but I cant find any male cable ends.
    I think these are the right ones?

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neutrik-NAC3MX-W-TOP-PowerCON-True1-Cable-Connector-16A-Male-Mains-Plug-IP65/282536572309

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neutrik-NAC3FX-W-TOP-PowerCON-True-1-Cable-Connector-16A-Female-IP65-Rated-PRO/282651181728

Maker likes this.
  2. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

The blue (and white) ones aren't designed to be disconnected under load. I'm sure it's fine in reality but the ones linked are the proper ones.

3. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Hugh recommended these to me, there’s a lot of different types

4. Kram

Kram Member

5. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

I'm not sure if the lock on the previous version is metal or not, both are IP65 but the new one is more resistant to UV degradation, I only got the new ones because I couldn't find the old ones. :ashamed:

No idea how the linked off-brand ones compare, probably just fine.

6. Agroshield Member

All the blue ones (Powercon 20A) are male (plugs). They do not make in this range an inline female receptacle (socket). The only receptacle is a panel-mount. This is to stop people using the items in a manner for which they are not designed.

See https://www.neutrik.com/en/neutrik/products/powercon/powercon-20-a

If you look at their site, the True1 is discontinued, replaced with True1 TOP. So if you want to futureproof your setup, that is what you should use.

Advertisements