My mum is nuts!

1. A bit strong I agree but my 71yo mum is a seamstress working from home and is a keen churchgoer (evangelical) so sees the best in people and tends to give lots of things away (money included which winds up my dad no end!).
    She called in this morning with double lined facemasks for myself, and my wife and 2 daughters who work in the wife’s hair salon. I was telling her that in the current predicament she could sell these things for at least a fiver each! I even said I’d stick em on eBay for her!

She’s made 40 of them for loads of the locals, used 10m of elastic and god knows how much material!! All at her own cost!

Is she nuts?

E2E3CA7F-FED1-414F-ADDE-0ABAEF42185D.jpeg

2. steviec_lj

steviec_lj Rust Welding Professional

That looks cool.

If she does take orders, put me down for 2 adults, 4 children :thumbup:

stuvy and Exuptoy like this.
  3. I’ll mention it to her. My missus even reckons she could shift loads on Facebook!

ukracer and stuvy like this.
  4. Ruffian Member

Nice to see someone with a genuine heart to do nice deads though.

Seems to be lacking in some other generations which are just fueled with excessive greed.

5. Richard.

Richard. Member

Bless her!
    Get her some proban sent over in various designs and she’d make a killing on here with welders caps

6. stuvy

stuvy Member

My mums similar, religious and helps all the people where they live(over 50’s park home)

arther dailey, Parm and Exuptoy like this.
  7. Yeah, it’s crazy, she does the shopping for the OLD people! She is the fecking old people! :D

8ob, Wany and Olderisbetter like this.
  8. barking mat

barking mat Member

Good on her!

anjum and Exuptoy like this.
  9. Cobbler

Cobbler Codger bodger

My mates grandmother was like that, she lived on her own until 102, in the bad weather the family used to tell her to stay in, but she said “I have to go out shopping for the old folk, they need me” Most of the “old folk” were 30 years younger than her, they used to let a women in her late 90s do their shopping for them.

Hopefuldave, Ruffian and Exuptoy like this.
  10. I know, it winds me up. It’s just people taking advantage of someone’s good nature, but it keeps her young I suppose! (You’d never say age was over 70!)

11. the snooper

the snooper getting older by the day

Good on her, community spirit is very thin on the ground these days a little more wouldn't go amiss, she's far from nuts

mrsbruce, Arc Tourist, MattF and 3 others like this.
  12. p0689109 Member

God bless her I say and you are only as old as you feel not how many years you have logged! If the generations from the 70/80s onwards were the same perhaps this bulk buying would not have happened either! These types are pushing the government to introduce ration books which they should if people cannot be trusted to be honest and shop normally.

Hopefuldave, anjum and Exuptoy like this.
  13. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    If the world had more people like that we would be much better off.

My dad is a similar age and he rang me the other day to see if my work had been affected and said "don't go short of money, i've got more than I need in my account"

My FIL biggest concern is whether he can go to the cafe for his coffee in the mornings :laughing:.

14. Slowcoach Member

Ahhh bless. You’re obviously her little caped crusader. :)

15. dobbslc

dobbslc Forum Supporter

You've got Batman, where's Robin?:whistle:
    And Don't forget Catwoman......

Exuptoy likes this.
  16. bourbon Member

I think the design is cool

Exuptoy likes this.
  17. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    She has clearly thought about the location of batman too.

Exuptoy likes this.
  18. She’s been doing it a little while now......since about 1960 :D

I reckon I am her super hero! :D
    Just glad they’re both still around. Generally we take people for granted in this life I think.

19. arther dailey Member

at a fiver a piece please put me down for a couple, make great masks for the work shop.

bigegg and Exuptoy like this.
  20. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

In a word, no.

Small, random acts of kindness have a way of coming round 360 degrees as much larger versions of their former selves.

MysterG, mrsbruce, northwest and 7 others like this.
Advertisements