Well, I have an 89 Civic that I've owned for the past 6 years. It's been retired last year because of a slight accident. The insurance company said that the car was a too rusty to be put back on the road. It turno out they were right. I kept the car and want to turn it into an amateur rallye car. I knew that the floorboard was busted on the driver's side. I decided to fix it this week. I pulled the carpet and removed the insulation to discover this. I must admit that I was shocked. At that point, I wasn't sure anymore if I wanted to repair it or not. Well, I just told myself that it would be the perfect project to learn how to weld. Upon closer examination, I noticed that there was still good metal on the sides of the floorpan. . I removed everything with an air chisel. Most of the floor is spot welded and was very easy to remove. I noticed that the beam that goes under the floor was still intact minus some surface rust... that was some good news!!! I continues to remove all the rust and grind away every bit that I could find.... Here's what it looked like. Since I'm doing this outiside and on my spare time, I had to do something to protect this. I used a stuff called Zinc Weld-Thru. It's a cold galvanizing product that allows you to weld over it. It's really rust proofing and looks good! Voila! I already started to cover the left side of the floorpan with sheetmetal. My welding skills are horrible but I managed to find the correct wire speed/amps for my flux core wire. My last beads were alot better and had more penetration. I will just grind the ugly ones I made and take my time. I will post pictures later.