Modifying/extending blast cabinet

1. c-k Member

yorkshire
    Hello, any one done this on here or pictures ?

a couple of weeks ago i plumbed in my blast pot to blast cabinet to speed things up, much better, apart from my screen not lasting a day (to be expected i guess) as a temp i raised the screen with wood and sealed to see if it worked before i go ahead and make in metal, lasted about 2 weeks, not great but better.

so im now thinking about raising it from the bottom that bolts to base/legs to help and give me a bit more working space but i may try extend it at the rear or sides at same time ?

2. rtbcomp

rtbcomp Moderator Staff Member

Have you got a screen protector fitted?

Maybe easier to build a new cabinet from scratch

3. brightspark

brightspark Member

• 015.jpg
  4. c-k Member

yorkshire
    Not since i plumbed in the pot, didn't want to wreck them to quick to, if my plans help then i will start using screen protectors again

This is the cabinet (old picture), the yellow lines is where i have raised it already with wood as a temp, the white line the full lot lifts off once unbolt so if i extended that with bends and re bolt back up would be easy and more high (that way the cab is basically untouched and could be put back to standard unless i decide to extend it more)
    [​IMG]

one of my pictures showing the set up didnt save but you can see how i have plumbed the hose from blast pot using original hole, by making the hole slightly bigger and using old cv boot to stop it rubbing (and my vac setup works great so another problem solved)
    [​IMG]

mainly wheels and rockers ect but sometimes that little extra space would be great.

i also could do with doing a dip tank but not sure what to use ?

5. graffian

graffian Seer unto the end of his beard

surrey
    I was given the left overs after someone did some roofing with EPDM[rubber sheet]. I was thinking of making a cabinet to replace my drum and I wondered about a rubber concertina one end, so the wall could be pulled outwards 2 feet.

Advertisements