Minarc151

1. Fazer1 New Member

Hi all,

Been lurking these forums for years however only recently made up a profile.

Many moons ago I purchased a minarc151 for light use on a job with the intention of after this i’d Use it in the garage for bits n bobs. After using it in the garage twice in the last maybe 2 years i’ve decided that it’s probably time to get rid and get a MIG machine instead as it’s usually light stuff i’m doing now.

My question being: at the time these where desirable machines as far as I could tell, is this still the case? If so does anyone have any ideas what kind of price range they demand on the used market?
    Trying to gauge whether it would be worth hanging onto “just in case” or whether to sell/trade in for something more appropriate.

Cheers!

2. frank horton

frank horton V twins are great but 4"s rule.........

Guess it's just a Buzz box. ?
    It won’t b worth a lot really as there’s so much cheapo gear on the market nowadays.....
    I'd be lost without mine, can just use a genny to power it up for outside gate repairs...etc...
    I run a 180 mig in the shop which will do all I want, car bodies n light fabrications...
    U can’t use a mig outside really....
    Ur money is spent, so put it under the bench, the first job with it u’ll get ur money back....

Lazurus likes this.
  3. Hood

Hood Forum Supporter

Is it a Kemppi Minarc?
    If so would likely be worth more than the Chinese inverters are new but I suppose it is like everything else, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay. If they can get a Chinese one (which are pretty good nowadays) for X amount they likely won't want to buy a second hand one for much more even though it is a superior make.

Advertisements