Mightymig130tx mk2 turbo - wire feed motor failed

1. Dave Lock New Member

Hi all,
    Could anyone tell me is the wirefeed motor 12 or 24v, mine has just packed up (I get the clicking of the solenoid, the gas comes through, I get power to the tip but the wire doesn't feed) took it apart to find bit of wire coming out and a bit of magnet chipped off inside and the motor is a bit clunky and doesn't spin.
    So I guess it's either a new feed unit or motor dependent upon which is cheaper!
    Any ideas or pointers would be appreciated!
    Let's keep another from the skip.
    Many thanks!! :)
    Dave.

2. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

Now where did I put my crystal ball?

3. a111r Member

They're 24 volt.
    Easy test is connect it direct to a 12 volt battery - they rarely fail.
    The motors are held on to the gearbox via two small screws, so easily swapped out. Check the plastic gears inside, too.

4. Dave Lock New Member

a111r,
    Many thanks, I have got the unit stripped already , all the gears are good and the motor is out too and that is not. Clicks rather badly and does not spin, I opened that up too and it looks like the carbon brushes have broken off, tested it with a battery charger, nada!! Guess that the bit!! :/
    Any ideas for a source, have looked on fleabay and it looks like a generic drive unit would be the best choice, just need to check some dimensions.
    Regards,
    Dave.

Seadog, I don't know what your problem is but if you have nothing useful to share try Mrs Rabbits advice!!

5. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

Dave as a new member a word.This is A friendly site SD was a bit out but yours was a bit strong.
    You will get the proverbial taken all the time, try & get a feel for the site
    We all get ragged at times but all in the best of taste :thumbup:

Seadog likes this.
  6. a111r Member

Dave Lock likes this.
  7. Dave Lock New Member

Oh I see it's that kind of site is it, where a newbie asks a question and get some stupid out of order and uncalled for comment as a first response but the newbie is the one that's out of order!!
    Not appreciated!!

Advertisements