mig steel liner size

1. Fife Member

Hi. I am going to buy a couple of mig liners to keep for spares. There are two sizes for my torch 0.6-0.9 or 1-1.2mm. I will never use 0.6mm wire and currently using 0.8mm wire and might need to use 1mm wire in the future. Would it be possible to use the 1-1.2mm liner for 0.8 wire? It would save me buying the two different sizes. Also how many 15kg reels can you run through a liner before it needs replaced? Obviously if the wire tension on the feeder is correct and the liner doesn't get kinked? Thanks in advance.

2. Omniata

Omniata Ham Radio Operator, IT Engineer, Welder, Arborist.

Metal or plastic liners? Model?

3. Fife Member

Steel liners and my mig is a boc 190c with the wired torch not the euro one.

4. 123hotchef Member

get some curtain wire works great cheaper too

5. Gareth0123

Gareth0123 You'll need 16 pigs to do the job in one sitting!

For goodness sake a steel 4 metre long blue 0.8 Mig liner is only about a fiver so it pays to keep at least one in stock.
    A proper liner which also includes o ring seal and mating is streets better than a piece of old curtain wire.
    On average I get to run 4 X 15kg reels through a liner before it needs changing, and I have found that 0.8 wire can be a little irksome when running it through a steel red 1.0/1.2mm liner

6. Rig Pig

Rig Pig Member

Can you buy liners to fit? I have just fitted a blue euro liner to my non euro mig, I should have just fitted a plastic liner, it was a pig of a job - the next time it needs a liner it's getting a euro conversation :mad:

123hotchef likes this.
  7. nickk Forum Supporter

so what will you talk about then.:clapping:

123hotchef likes this.
  8. Rig Pig

Rig Pig Member

You have to love auto correct! :laughing:

123hotchef likes this.
  9. 123hotchef Member

Eurotrash

nickk and Rig Pig like this.
  10. Fife Member

Cheers for the replys. I can get the correct liners from the one and only supplier in the uk. I will just buy the 0.8 liners as 0.8 wire is quite versatile as have welded up to 12mm plate with it. I'm not bothering with a euro conversion because I bought a brand new torch as a spare and its still in its box complete with liner. I will buy a couple of new liners so plenty spares (i dont use it much) and if the welder never packs in I will have enough spares to see me out

Advertisements