Mig gun problem!! (Sealey mini mig)

1. Cha7z Member

Norfolk, UK
    I'm a plonker:ashamed:, took my gun apart to see if a wire blockage was there, dropped the washers and don't know what order they go back in:ashamed:!! One of them is an insulated washer so i'm sure it makes a difference:laughing:!!
    Picture attached (and the complete one is when i put the washers back incorrectly!!)!!! It is a Sealey Mini mig...and i know, it's time for anew one!!!!!

• masters and mig torch 020.jpg
    • masters and mig torch 022.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2009
  2. Endacy

Endacy Member

Kent, UK
    It doesn't help but I trawled ebay loking for an exploded diagram or picture of a dismantled Sealey gun. Couldn't find one...

3. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

Is the washer for insulation or to provide a gas tight joint ? The spring washer should be behind the nut or it's doing nothing so that's one down. I'd go with the fibre washer first, then a brass then the wire connector then another brass then the wiggly washer and tighten it down.

4. Cha7z Member

Norfolk, UK
    Thankyou very much. that was very kind!

5. mr jimbo Member

Oxfordshire UK
    I have the same torch on my Telmig 130 Turbo and it goes Gas valve-Brass washer-Fibre washer-Cable lug-Brass washer-Serated washer-Lock nut.

Had mine apart last week to change the cable and liner.

6. ron bridges

ron bridges Member

the only id on this one is TT150. so the wire runs through blue wire.jpg the rigid black tube i put a blue arrow on? do i take it loose here then?

Advertisements