Micorstick vs Pico vs Transpocket

1. Kalts Member

Hi

I cannot get Transpocket 1500 out of my mind since using it in classroom years back. There were a bunch of TIG/MMA Esab Caddys and we were given choice, of course we chose similar machines. The lone red left alone.
    One day 3/4 into the course my curiosity boiled over and I was hooked. It was not massively better but the arc was different, particularly when near sticking it in very short arc. I finished the course using little red box.

So what do you say, which one has that magic touch? I have heard the Micorstick has been engineered by the same guy who did Transpocket, which is nice to know but has no other meaning. About Pico I know nothing, except it has pulse for both MMA & TIG, the 160 cel puls I mean.

Never even seen the cellulose rod, but I love Oerlikon Spezial.

rangel likes this.
  2. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

MicorStick welds very similar to the old transpocket

3. Arclikeharrypotter Member

Used the older generation transpocket 1500 for a long time, lovely machine, plus the bigger brother the 4000, and the new battery fronius. Now using the micorstick 180 daily, with and without battery pack. It welds lovely not much else really to say. Having said that the 5 year old jasic 160 we use regularly isn't a bad machine either! Lorch seems well built, capable of running of 240 and 110. I wouldnt be dropping loech or fronius money unless you intend to be using it on a regular.

4. Kalts Member

I guess the MicorTig 200 is basically same as the MicorStick, with better TIG abilities?
    I would love portable 1p DC TIG with supreme low-amp arc to fill the dreary winter
    days with bright arc light!

Quoting manual:
    6 General regulation of use
    The machine is intended for electrode welding.

5. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

The MicorTig has HF ignition.

tom2207 and Tangledfeet like this.
  6. Tangledfeet

Tangledfeet #1 Fan of 3M's VHB tape

And it's the best HF ignition I've ever encountered; it's just simply instantaneous and the arc stability is incredible. I'll admit that I've only used about six machines though.

The low amperage control is great; I've played around with autogenously welding Stanley knife blades together, keep meaning to try some razor blades sometime...

Brad93 likes this.
  7. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

I found the same

Tangledfeet likes this.
  8. Kalts Member

Seems I have bigger expenses looming than I thought :)

Tangledfeet likes this.
  9. Tangledfeet

Tangledfeet #1 Fan of 3M's VHB tape

In the same way Americans talk about their guns, I think Lorch owners refer to their own Lorch machines;

"You can take it from me when you pry it from my cold, dead hands..."

I don't think you'd ever regret the decision!

bletchmonster and Munkul like this.
Advertisements